Calspa Escape Or Hotspot Mallorca

relaxer

Its time to replace my ancient tub that came with the house. It was something called a Superior Spa Design model. Have absolutely no info on the manufacurer. Its 7' square and not very deep. I've not measured depth but we can swing a leg over the edge to get in and out. Ayyway it is ancient, we've replaced many parts i(mpotors, pumps, leaking jets) n the 6 years we've had it (and I'll bet its 15 yrs old), and its time for a new one. We use it a lot. At least 5 days a week. But we are mostly soakers. We run the jets occassionally but maybe only 20% of time in tub. But we like the 7' size even though it is ALWAYS only the 2 of us in.

Local dealer in our Colorado mountain town carries Viking. Just not thrilled with what I saw in his store and online. So have traveled down to Colorado Springs where several brand dealers are available. After visting 5 dealers, we feel like its down to 2 choices for us now. A CalSpa Escape 732B or a HotSpot Mallorca. Both have been offered in the low 6k range for delivery and setup including steps, cover/lift, and a some months of chems and both are full foam.

the CalSpa has been offered at 6,250 (and that included thier optional LED pkg) and the HotSpot (no added options) at 6,130.

Can anyone here compel me to pick one over the other? Both seem very comfortable although the CalSpa is a just a bit deeper.

Its time to replace my ancient tub that came with the house. It was something called a Superior Spa Design model. Have absolutely no info on the manufacurer. Its 7' square and not very deep. I've not measured depth but we can swing a leg over the edge to get in and out. Ayyway it is ancient, we've replaced many parts i(mpotors, pumps, leaking jets) n the 6 years we've had it (and I'll bet its 15 yrs old), and its time for a new one. We use it a lot. At least 5 days a week. But we are mostly soakers. We run the jets occassionally but maybe only 20% of time in tub. But we like the 7' size even though it is ALWAYS only the 2 of us in.

Local dealer in our Colorado mountain town carries Viking. Just not thrilled with what I saw in his store and online. So have traveled down to Colorado Springs where several brand dealers are available. After visting 5 dealers, we feel like its down to 2 choices for us now. A CalSpa Escape 732B or a HotSpot Mallorca. Both have been offered in the low 6k range for delivery and setup including steps, cover/lift, and a some months of chems and both are full foam.

the CalSpa has been offered at 6,250 (and that included thier optional LED pkg) and the HotSpot (no added options) at 6,130.

Can anyone here compel me to pick one over the other? Both seem very comfortable although the CalSpa is a just a bit deeper.

the only complaint I know of about CalSpas is they used to use GE Motors for the pumps. The motors are complete junk. If they stopped using them then get the spa that feel right for you

for info A O Smith, Emerson, Marathon, Baldor are the other motor manufactures most pumps use Emerson or A O Smith.

the only complaint I know of about CalSpas is they used to use GE Motors for the pumps. The motors are complete junk. If they stopped using them then get the spa that feel right for you

for info A O Smith, Emerson, Marathon, Baldor are the other motor manufactures most pumps use Emerson or A O Smith.

Being a former Cal dealer I will say that the Escape line was their best combination of value and quality. I personally like that Cal model over that specific HotSpot, but that is just my opinion. The two areas where the Cal loses will be the motor and the cover. The GE motors are not that good of motors. You will want to check the motor every few months to make sure the pump seal has not failed as it will cause the motor bearings to go bad quickly if it does. Also, the Cal Covers are bad. We had many issues with the vinyl fading and cracking within 6 months of being new. If you have a good dealer which you will need with Cal, then I would have no problem with that spa at that price.

Being a former Cal dealer I will say that the Escape line was their best combination of value and quality. I personally like that Cal model over that specific HotSpot, but that is just my opinion. The two areas where the Cal loses will be the motor and the cover. The GE motors are not that good of motors. You will want to check the motor every few months to make sure the pump seal has not failed as it will cause the motor bearings to go bad quickly if it does. Also, the Cal Covers are bad. We had many issues with the vinyl fading and cracking within 6 months of being new. If you have a good dealer which you will need with Cal, then I would have no problem with that spa at that price.

Well we bit on the HotSpot. I could find no negative info at all on it and the dealer has been around (with this line) for many many years. Also, after sitting in each, my wife actually was not crazy about the exta depth of the CalSpa. Thanks for the info about the motor and the cover. BTW, the Hotspot dealer through in their lighting deal too and is gonna haul away the old tub for free.

Well we bit on the HotSpot. I could find no negative info at all on it and the dealer has been around (with this line) for many many years. Also, after sitting in each, my wife actually was not crazy about the exta depth of the CalSpa. Thanks for the info about the motor and the cover. BTW, the Hotspot dealer through in their lighting deal too and is gonna haul away the old tub for free.

Congratulations on your new hot tub purchase! I think you made the right choice. Not only does it sound like the Mallorca is liked more by your wife, but is honestly made by the leading hot tub manufacturer. It's made by the same folks who manufacture Hot Spring Spas. :) The Mallorca is a great find.

I sold that model to a gentleman who had a broken foot (had 2-3 surgeries to repair it if I recall correctly). The lounge seat in it was just awesome for him. Not only did it elevate his legs a bit (which his doctor recommended), but the three little foot jets for each foot was exactly what he needed. :)

Happy Soaking!!