Eco One

Davidny

many will NEARLY eliminate Cl or Br. Just another one on the bandwagon. Adding chlorine or granular bromine after you're done soaking is still the most popular and widely used. If you're not happy with your present routine, you may just have to augment it slightly for it to be easy. Head to whatsthebesthottub.com's forum and look back through the posts, as here, the back posts hold a wealth of information.

I just started using the Eco One system.

I will post next month and let you know how it is working.

I have only had it in my tub for the past six days so far.

In order for Eco One to work you need to have at least 20,000 of filtering daily if the spa is used daily.

It does not do well in spas with the ridiculous tiny circulation pump.

It does well with standard ozone running 24 hours a day.

I ran my first test spa for 18 months on the same water, with absolutely zero chlorine, shock, or bromine. Just good filtering and 24 hour ozone. However, the spa was througly cleaned and flushed before starting.

Each time the spa showed any cloudiness, I put in another half bottle of Eco One Monthly, it came down to about 1 bottle per month.

I have used the product, and it worked well. I followed the instructions to the letter - start with a flush and refill, cleaned the filters. I even cleaned the top and bottom of the cover with their cleaner. Once I had it all balanced and running, I went about 9 months without a water change. My skin felt soft and smooth, not dry. There was a pleasant fragrance - coconut - which was not overpowering. I ran about 1 PPM or less chlorine, and did a shock once a month. I had to work hard to get the pH down. I asked the rep about it, and he said to let the pH run a little high. Once I did, it stabilized, and I didn't have any more adjusting to do.

But - be aware - the manufacturer does NOT endorse this product as a complete chlorine replacement. Do so at your own risk.

It is not a sanitizer, and I think the poster above was just plain lucky, assuming what he posted is true.

Here is an excerpt from the instructions, directly from the makers of Eco One,

"# Drain and refill tub with clean water. Use hose filter if possible. Shock with 4 oz. Non-chlorine shock or per instructions.

# Clean spa filter thoroughly. Sprinkle three caps full of Eco One Enzyme-Plex Filter Boost uniformly over filter surface. Replace filter.

# Add entire contents of Eco One Spa Treatment with jets running.

# Add minimum recommended amount of sanitizer of your choice. Adjust pH if needed.

9 months without a refill? Was that a typo?? :blink::blink::blink:

Does the capacity of the spa change the amounts of MPS/Eco One?

Can I use it with Spa Frog (my spa comes with one)

Thanks for the info!

Yes, I went nine months without a water change.

Yes, the capacity of the spa will effect the amounts of MPS, but the Eco One bottles all seem to be geared for spas up to 550 gallons.

I don't know about the spa frog. There are a few places where it says that Eco One is designed to be used with the sanitizer of your choice, so I guess it should be fine. But go to the web site and do a little digging, you can even email them.

http://www.pacificsandsinc.com/html/instructions.html

I'm seeing this system that says it will nearly eliminate the need for Cl or Br.

Is it so? Has anyone here used it or heard about it one way or another?

Info... http://www.poolandspa.com/page2200.htm

I have only used Eco One on the recommendation from a friend and I couldn't be happier. I do have a smaller tub 260 gallons to be exact and the pump is a 2hp pump. I have the filtration cycle set for a total of 8hrs divided into two 4hr increments. I also have a ozone system.

I wouldn't say it replaces chlorine, I still use it just very very little.... About 1/2 a table spoon at the end of the day. We use the tub at least three times a day. The benefit of it is the DRASTIC reduction in the other chemicals. On the fresh fill I add the recommended amount of scale preventer and then balance the PH and add 1/2 a bottle of the Eco One and that's it.

Because of the size of my tub I use 1/2 a bottle of Eco One per month and other than the odd PH balance near the end of the month I add nothing else other than chlorine. The Eco One will lock in your PH levels once in check...I find it will not move until about a week before your adding your next bottle.

And I never feel dry after a soak, you get a silky feeling...It's very pleasant.

I have used Eco One for over 2 years with no problems. We use our spa daily and never have any skin problems or water problems. My spa is 450 gals and we add a bottle of Eco One every month. We also add 2 tablespoons of NON-CHLORINE shock every week. I only change my water every 6 months or so. This product is GREAT!!!. I highly recommend this product to everyone!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I started using EcoOne on Dec. 6, 2006.

As of Jan 1st, 2007 water has been fine. I have only added chlorine as needed.

My oldest daughter ( only one in family with a problem with the chlorine) used to get ichy after using spa but now has not had that problem.

PH has been stable.

Today water looks like its a little cloudy, not bad, but not the crystal clear as it has been all month.

I was planning to add more Eco One on Jan 9th but may do it this Saturday.

I have not cleaned the filters in two weeks so that may be why water is not as clear as it has been.

So far I plan on keeping with the Eco One system.

Hello, I was wondering if anybody has had any expereince with a product called Clear Choice. It sounds similar to Eco One. Any info would be greatly appreciated because I am very new to the hot tub world, so new that we have not received our tub yet but should in the next week or so. I have read so many chemical horror stories that I am a little worried about getting it right plus my wife has sensitive skin so I thought maybe one of these products would be the ticket.

• 2 weeks later...

I have used Eco One for over 2 years with no problems. We use our spa daily and never have any skin problems or water problems. My spa is 450 gals and we add a bottle of Eco One every month. We also add 2 tablespoons of NON-CHLORINE shock every week. I only change my water every 6 months or so. This product is GREAT!!!. I highly recommend this product to everyone!!!!

Im just getting new tub. want to stay away from alot of chems. are you running ozone ? and what kind of non- chlorine shock do you use ? and do you use ANY chlorine at all ? Thanks

After looking at the link for ecoONE I compared it to the AquaClara product from Gulf Coast Spas (TATUM MFG) and the verbage is almost IDENTICAL! I compared all of the enzymes use by both and found them to be IDENTICAL.

Previously, I had requested the corporate officers of GCS & Tatum to tell who was the manufacturer and what other label was this product being sold under.... NOW I have emailed them ecoONE info and requested a responce.

Having been from the old school of Bormine (per ozonators) I was leary of using something that sounded like more work and cost. I'm now probably going to try the "system" of AquaClara that comes with my spa.

I would provide a link to the company but there is very little there other than pricing. I had to get the corporate VP to send me a PDF owners manual for the AquaClara System so I could see speciffically what was in it and how it works and I WAS still leary.

Hope I get as good results as posted above.

GREG!