Buying Arctic Spa Or Raindance Soon. Feedback Please.

Great site, but I can't find the info I'm looking for hear or anywhere on the internet. Seems spa pricing is kept under pretty tight wrap. Question, is $5800 for a new Arctic Spa Yukon in the prestige configuation a good deal? The dealer says there is a sale, but I'm alway leary of those statements. It does seem like a good price, but it is considerably above my initial uneducated budget. If there is room to negotiate I'd like to hear it, but I don't want to insult the dealer with a low offer. This spa would be ordered and arrive in 8-12 weeks. Includes cast-core cover, lifter, steps, base, delivery/setup and some chemicals. I can add ozone for $100. Didn't ask about the Onzen system.

The other spa I'm considering is the raindance solstice from sears. $3000. The price is the main driving point as it is obviously less of a spa.

Is that in $US?. THat seems to be a decent price. I bought an Ultra with stairs and lifter for just over $9 canadian.... I love my Yukon as well, the multi level seating is nice.

I opted for no Onzen as well.... glad I did, there are a few things they are fixing up on that system.

Great site, but I can't find the info I'm looking for hear or anywhere on the internet. Seems spa pricing is kept under pretty tight wrap. Question, is $5800 for a new Arctic Spa Yukon in the prestige configuation a good deal? The dealer says there is a sale, but I'm alway leary of those statements. It does seem like a good price, but it is considerably above my initial uneducated budget. If there is room to negotiate I'd like to hear it, but I don't want to insult the dealer with a low offer. This spa would be ordered and arrive in 8-12 weeks. Includes cast-core cover, lifter, steps, base, delivery/setup and some chemicals. I can add ozone for $100. Didn't ask about the Onzen system.

The other spa I'm considering is the raindance solstice from sears. $3000. The price is the main driving point as it is obviously less of a spa.

That sounds like a pretty good price to me on the Arctic Yukon. I would say that between the two that you are looking at, the Arctic would be the one I would go with, especially since you would be getting it from a dealer. If you were to get a spa from Sears, you would most likely be out on your own when it comes time for any service or warranty repairs as Im sure Sears doesnt service Hot Tubs. So unless you are a good DYI'er, I would stay away from a tub from Sears, or any box store for that matter. Also, the Raindance warranty has much less coverage than the Arctic warranty has. The Arctic has a five year warranty, parts and labor, and the local dealer would do any repairs or warranty work as needed. You can see the warranty for the Raindance here:

Raindance Warranty

Only a one year labor warranty, lots of stuff prorated, and only two years on components. Arctic Spas are regarded in the industry as one of the top tier brands out there, so I don't think you could wrong with them, especially at that price with all the accessories that are included. Good luck. ;)

That's a good deal I bought a Artic in Nov and love it, It kicks Ass, Support is Top of the Line, what more can I say.

It sounds pretty reasonale. I have a Glacier Ultra which was 11K CAD including stairs, lifer, delivery, onzen, taxes and a few hundred dollars worth of chemicals, etc.

I would consider the extra pump and jets you'll get with the signature worth the price but that's really up to you. I'm not particularily fond of the blower that you'll get with the designer or ultra model but some of our guests like it. I'd suggest wet testing. Arctic has similar jet configurations in different models so you might be able to see what is worth the price and what will fit in your budget.

The onzen salt water system is pretty new and some have had issues. I've had none and maintenance is a piece of cake now.

Is this an inventory sale or just a regular "sale" to sell more spas? Arctic is know for having tons of sales as a method to sell their spas. Out local dealer was having an "inventory blowout" sale but didn't have the exact colour and model configuration we wanted. Needless to say they would still sell us one at their "discounted" price, they just had to build it.

Is that in $US?.

Thanks for all the replies. Yes, it is $US. That makes a pretty big difference I guess. I feel better about dropping the cash knowing I'm getting a good price. I agree that it worth the extra $ for the quality and service. I'll have to look into the salt water Ozen system. Any idea what it costs to add, and whether the new models are improved. My spa would be built on Feb. 19th, so it would be the latest model. I'm leaning against the ozone for now. I think the $100 add on was probably the most basic system, which I believe provides less benefit and more upkeep $. I can always add ozone later. Not sure if the salt water system can be added later. Thanks again for your replies

I just bought an Arctic Yukon, although I bought the Ultra model w/Onzen. I paid CONSIDERABLY more than $5800(US) for it. The Prestige model only has 14 jets and one pump, but if you can live with that, then go for it.

If you can get that type of deal, and the Prestige model is what you want, jump at it. PS at that price it's not likely to have the Onzen system in it, but it doesn't hurt to ask, and they can add it if you really want it.

I'd go for the Arctic over that Raindance from Sears. Never talked to anyone who's purchased a spa from Sears, but I can only imagine it's about the same as buying from Costco (which frankly doesn't have a good track record in my market). With the Arctic spa, you'll be getting a spa from one of the major players in the industry, and have a local dealer to support you in the future (plus the better warranty as previously stated). Folks never realize how important dealer support is until they have a problem.

I've only heard from one local Arctic user who had their salt system, and this particular person was pretty displeased. I don't service Arctic so I'm not hands on familiar with their Onzen system.

Don't rule out Ozone all together. Ozone in general is a great option. For $100 though, you're not getting a very good ozone generator. You might ask the dealer about a Corona Discharge (CD) Ozone system. These will cost you as much as 3-4 times as much money, but have a much higher output of ozone (read more effective) and last a lot longer (read reliable and cheaper long term).

Thanks again for your help. Bought the arctic today. Wish it would come sooner. Sure I will frequent these forums when it arrives.

Good for you. By the way, I also didn't mention the "Forever Floor" -- Arctic has an add-on - where it can go on ANY level surface, indoors or out. I have that as well.

But you won't be disappointed.

To answer the other question, the Onzen add-on is around $2k.

• 4 months later...

Would you be so kind to post the Artic Dealer information snd location?.

Never heard of raindance...