Used D1 Lotus Bay - 3 Years Old

Brianmonty

I am looking at a 3 year (maybe 4 year old) used Dimension 1 Lotus Bay from our local dealer. They have it on consignment for $8,000, delivered. Includes the used cover, cover lifter and steps.

They replaced all headrests, inspected all parts and they will replace the ozone if it is the original unit. 2 year 100% parts and labor warranty from them (they have been in business since 1983 with an A BBB rating). They will also extend the lifetime warranty on the shell (though the warranty is not with D1 as they are not transferable?) Only thing not covered is the cabinet.

They will sell me a new one on clearance for $12k.

They say the only difference in the new vs. used unit is the used has the old control panel.

The used spa is no-tax (I think I will actually buy it from the current owner and not the store) and the store will give me the warranty (which I will review in writing prior to purchase).

I did see the tub, but it does not have water in it.

Any reason I should be concerned?

After looking at the used unit, I am pretty excited about getting such a great spa in price range.

I am looking at a 3 year (maybe 4 year old) used Dimension 1 Lotus Bay from our local dealer. They have it on consignment for $8,000, delivered. Includes the used cover, cover lifter and steps.

They replaced all headrests, inspected all parts and they will replace the ozone if it is the original unit. 2 year 100% parts and labor warranty from them (they have been in business since 1983 with an A BBB rating). They will also extend the lifetime warranty on the shell (though the warranty is not with D1 as they are not transferable?) Only thing not covered is the cabinet.

They say the only difference in the new vs. used unit is the used has the old control panel.

The used spa is no-tax (I think I will actually buy it from the current owner and not the store) and the store will give me the warranty (which I will review in writing prior to purchase).

After looking at the used unit, I am pretty excited about getting such a great spa in price range.

That is a great deal on a Lotus Bay, I would be willing to help you find out the year of the spa. The dealer should be willing to tell you this if they are asked, but all D1 spa should have a serail number plate near the hose bib drain, the fist 3 numbers are the production date information (084 would be August 2004) and the numbers after that are the serial number. If I can be of more assistance, shoot me a PM and I will do my best to assist.

D1 Dennis

D1 Tech Team

A spa 3 to 4 yrs old loses about 60% its value in general when resold so my first thought was that it was high but then I saw it was coming from a dealer which means a lot because they will have it operating propelry and the 2 yr warranty you're getting is huge. That makes the price about right IMO if they sell for about 14k new.