Natures 2 Vs. Hot Springs Mineral Insert

mlobitz

Is there a difference between Natures2 and Hot Springs silver ion mineral insert? Except maybe the price?

Good question... I'm interested as well. I don't have ozone, and don't seem to have any issues maintaining my water quality, with just normal shocking and occasional chlorine treatment. Wondering whether a mineral insert is even necessary. :huh:

Is there a difference between Natures2 and Hot Springs silver ion mineral insert? Except maybe the price?

Good question... I'm interested as well. I don't have ozone, and don't seem to have any issues maintaining my water quality, with just normal shocking and occasional chlorine treatment. Wondering whether a mineral insert is even necessary. :huh:

I'm in the same boat, but I do have ozone in my tub. Not sure whether it makes a difference or not. I, too, shock once a week and add dichlor and MPS occasionally, especially after use.

Natures2 can be had for about $20 while the Hot Springs insert is closer to $40 in town and $26 online...so there would be a bit of savings either way...

They appear to be the same to me.

I do have a Nature 2 in front of me. The Active Ingredients are:

Metallic Silver** .92%

other ingredients 99.08%

** From Silver Nitrate.

If some one had one of the other boxes to do a comparison.......

edit...

Just did more looking and this site show them to be interchangable.

HERE

Metallic Silver** .92%

other ingredients 99.08%

** From Silver Nitrate.

edit...

HERE

Ingredients are the same. How they install are different. If you are not careful with the Nature2 version it can end up in your jet pump on a Tiger River. Hot Spring AG+ is easier to install.

Where can you get Nature 2 for $20?

Metallic Silver** .92%

other ingredients 99.08%

** From Silver Nitrate.

edit...

HERE

Ingredients are the same. How they install are different. If you are not careful with the Nature2 version it can end up in your jet pump on a Tiger River. Hot Spring AG+ is easier to install.

Try Ebay. I just bought one for 18 + 4.5 to ship. I also bought some other things and got no additional shipping on them. I think there are some on there for around 20 with free shipping.

Metallic Silver** .92%

other ingredients 99.08%

** From Silver Nitrate.

edit...

HERE

I agree. The HotSpring AG+ has a lip that keeps it from going to the bottom of the standpipe. The other brands you have to use the straight stick and turn it upside down. As Dan says if the handle comes off it can go into the pump. If you put it in with the handle up then it goes to the bottom and impedes the flow.

47323f43e7b32_41960n.jpg

This is the Hot Spring branded "Nature 2" FreshWater Continuous Silver Ion Sanitizer. If you look closely, the blue diamond on the box actually says "Nature 2" right on it. Insert the cartridge as you see it on the above picture. The handle should be up, this allows for easy removal of the cartridge.

If you put it in the other direction, the little loop at the bottom will allow you to use some sort of hook to pull it out. So long as you put it in properly (handle up) you should have no problems with water flow in any of the Hot Spring or Tiger River spas.

According to the label on the box shown in the image above:

Metallic Silver** 0.92%

Other Ingredients 99.08%

Total 100.00%

** From Silver Nitrate

This is the website I found the Nature2 insert for around $22.99. I'm pretty sure it's free shipping and no tax.

http://www.hottubkingdom.com/nature2products.html

Here is the Hot Spring version at my local shop

http://www.hottubstore.com/auto-ship.html

although it doesn't give a price, their low, low price is $36.99 before tax ($40 after tax) with free shipping every four mouths if you sign up for their program....TOTAL ripoff. I stopped patronizing my local shop as they are SOOO overpriced for chemicals. Nice people, but a huge joke...

5lbs of dichlor at the shop $50!!!

4 lbs of dichlor(same stuff chemically) at Target $12.98

I mean...COME ON!!!

Metallic Silver** .92%

other ingredients 99.08%

** From Silver Nitrate.

edit...

HERE

$22.95 with $15 for shipping !!!! What is it? GOLD packaging?

This is the website I found the Nature2 insert for around $22.99. I'm pretty sure it's free shipping and no tax.

I wasn't going to bother going too far into it for exact amounts (I would have had to fill out a bunch of info) but when you put it in your cart and go to the billing section it clearly says "Shipping and Tax calculated on next page"

• 2 years later...

oh crap! I need help! I bought the Freshwater unit by Hot Springs and when I placed the freshwater unit in handle side up like I am supposed to in my Hot Spots stand pipe it sat in there for a second then fell right through to the bottom of the standpipe! What the heck do I do?!?! The diameter of the handle is obviously too small just by hair and it fell right through!

Seriously freaking out as I sat in the tub for an hour trying with anything and everything I could to get it out. Now I have the power off and the tub draining :angry: only had this like a week and a day!

can I remove the stand pipe? I am thinking it may be the only way to get this out.......

lol - problem solved though I had to fish it out and that was not easy....