Costco Covers?

jhoff

I was reading the costco thread last night and it prompted me to go look at their offerings and I noticed they sell covers:

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Productgroup....124&topnav=

Seems like a decent cover for a good price - $320. I've been thinking of replacing the cover for my Hot Springs Jetsetter - it still has the original cover from 1997 :) Anything wrong with these from Costco?

I was reading the costco thread last night and it prompted me to go look at their offerings and I noticed they sell covers:

Seems like a decent cover for a good price - $320. I've been thinking of replacing the cover for my Hot Springs Jetsetter - it still has the original cover from 1997 :) Anything wrong with these from Costco?

It may look ok in the picture but I can't tell what density foam it uses (that matters) or what they are sealing the foam with (and what thickness) or what quality the vinyl is... They are meeting a price point for Costco and that would scare me a bit because I want a cover that will last 5+ years and perform well and personally I will pay for quality where it matters and this is the kind of place where it matters. Maybe that cover is ok; I can't tell from the picture. I can tell you that there are some "cheap" covers out on the market meant for people who are just going to buy the lowest priced one period but it can be a bad idea if it's not a quality cover that insulates well (u can lose that "savings" in a matter of a few months and you can also be looking for another in 2 years) so I wouldn't just go by how it looks in a picture cause they all look fine when they are new.

RHTUBS sells a better cover for less money. Not meant to meet a price point.

RHTUBS sells a better cover for less money. Not meant to meet a price point.

Didn't you forget something? A quote direct from from you "You forgot to mention "In your opinion" I hate it when people do that."

Has anyone actually bought one from Costco?

And I do have RHTUBS page open and had checked earlier but didn't recall the price. Yes, RHTUBS is $0.04 cheaper :) And I will definitely take that into consideration when I do buy a cover. And I won't buy the Costco one until I have enough data to compare it to the RHTUBS cover and others. For example, there's a local guy (I'm in Seattle) who sells covers but he was going to do some other work for me then flaked (never called me even tho I left him voice and e-mail messages). One nice thing about Costco is the cover purchase page doesn't require me to do any measuring other than to be sure the cover it selects for me is correct - I tell it the model and year of my tub and at least apparently, I get the right cover.

One nice thing about Costco is the cover purchase page doesn't require me to do any measuring other than to be sure the cover it selects for me is correct - I tell it the model and year of my tub and at least apparently, I get the right cover.

The Costco ordering process requires you to double-check your measurements. IMHO, as the first company to actually put our spa catalog on the internet almost 10 years ago, not requiring your customers to verify the suggested size with physical measurements is bad for all parties involved. It doesn't take a long time to measure for a spa cover especially if you have suggested sizes to guide you.