Winter Emptying And Refilling Advice

wave1

I have seen a couple of posts in here that many are trying to avoid the empty and refill of their

tubs in the winter, can anyone give me advice on this, as I think I may be soon ready for a refill

but I am expecting very cold weather the next couple of weeks (Southern Ontario Canada), and I want to make sure I do everything

properly, yeah I know not very good planning, lesson learned.

I have to get a water service in as I only have a well.....

Thanks

I have seen a couple of posts in here that many are trying to avoid the empty and refill of their

tubs in the winter, can anyone give me advice on this, as I think I may be soon ready for a refill

but I am expecting very cold weather the next couple of weeks (Southern Ontario Canada), and I want to make sure I do everything

properly, yeah I know not very good planning, lesson learned.

I have to get a water service in as I only have a well.....

Thanks

Not far from you (Buffalo). I didn't plan well either, and have been waiting for a weather window to drain and fill my tub. Today is 39f, so just emptied and refilled this morning, water temp was 48 at first, now 55f. Gonna take a long time to get to temperature!

I used to do 3 times a year. As early as possible in the spring, mid year, and as late as possible in the fall before any rotten weather hit. This made the Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb, March drain a bit long but dumping just half and refilling if it got to bad worked well. Seemed there was always a window in late Feb early March, July and November.

I changed my water last week at about 30 degrees. I'm new at this....I think the factory drain would take hours! I resorted to a 5 gallon drywall bucket and emptied out all 350 gallons in about 10 minutes.....filled it up with hose (city) water---which is about 50 degrees this time of year. It takes about 12 hours to heat to 103.

Point is---miserable job, but done quickly enough it wont freeze.

Changed my water this Monday the 28. Outside temperature at the start was 19 degrees and when I finished it was 22 degrees.

I have 2 hoses that I use to drain the tub. A 25 foot hose that connects to the tube drain and the other one is also about 25 feet cut from an old hose that I put in the middle of the tub and start the syphon from the other end manually. Using 2 hoses the tub will empty in an hour and 20 minutes.

Started @ 10 AM and was finished with the tub filled by 12:30PM

Changed my water this Monday the 28. Outside temperature at the start was 19 degrees and when I finished it was 22 degrees.

I have 2 hoses that I use to drain the tub. A 25 foot hose that connects to the tube drain and the other one is also about 25 feet cut from an old hose that I put in the middle of the tub and start the syphon from the other end manually. Using 2 hoses the tub will empty in an hour and 20 minutes.

Started @ 10 AM and was finished with the tub filled by 12:30PM

I do the same thing with mine, as to the syphoning. Can usually have it drained, cleaned, and filled within 3 hours. I fill with 2 hoses as well.