Hotspring Vanguard Or Marquis Epic?

Markde1964

I'm a newbie and am having trouble deciding between a HotSpring Vanguard and a Marquis Epic. The HS has a great reputation for reliability, quality, etc., but I like the Marquis because of the therapy. I'm concerned that the Marquis will have more maintenance problems and Marquis' BBB rating of B, versus HS (Watkins) rating of A+.

Most of the posts on here are very positive on HS, but very mixed on Marquis. I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance!

I can give my opinion on the HotSpring. I'm not familier with Marquis.

The Vanguard is a great spa.

Some things to look for:

A good warranty - read into them closely.

Reliability.

Energy efficiency - an energy efficient spa can cost less in the long run.

Insulation.

Solid structure.

In business a long time.

The HotSpring have those qualities IMO - this is my opinion only - Wet test different spas to see what feels good TO YOU - then factor in the above.

Last but not least is to buy from a good reputable dealer - service after delivery is very important to the spa experience.

Good Luck !

I'm a newbie and am having trouble deciding between a HotSpring Vanguard and a Marquis Epic. The HS has a great reputation for reliability, quality, etc., but I like the Marquis because of the therapy. I'm concerned that the Marquis will have more maintenance problems and Marquis' BBB rating of B, versus HS (Watkins) rating of A+.

Most of the posts on here are very positive on HS, but very mixed on Marquis. I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance!

Hi,

Being a Vanguard owner, I am biased, too. But 18 flawless months and I am still a happy camper.

Read this previous post for some more information. Randy

http://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.ph...amp;#entry82857

My personal experience as a dealer does give me a bias. However, local customers who've owned Marquis and Hot Spring tell me they like their Hot Spring Spas better. Our Marquis dealer is no longer in business anymore (which isn't specifically because of spa brand).

However, my experience has shown me the Hot Spring is an overall better quality, and more reliable spa. And energy efficiency wise, you just can't beat Hot Spring.

That Vanguard uses a very efficient 24/hr circulation pump that not only cuts down on energy use and wear and tear, but cuts down on noise as well. That spa runs silently 24/7 unless you actually get in to turn on the jets. Plus, the Hot Spring is a true, 100% no-bypass filter system. Ultimately what that means to you, is when you get in the spa and turn on the jets, 100% of the water MUST pass through the filters before it can pass through equipment, jets, and back into the spa. It's added piece of mind at least, when you get in your spa after a workout, skiing trip, etc. No body oils and sweat and such bypassing filters.

When it comes down to it, I think even Hot Spring's competitors would be honest enough to tell you it's hard to go wrong with a Hot Spring.

Most people would consider Marquis and HotSpring to be in the top tier of spas on the market. Both are going to be great and last a long time. If you look up the Marquis Spas on Better Business Bureau using the zip code of the factory (97351), you will see that they have an A rating and only 2 resolved complaints, which I find to be quite impressive given their being 100s of thousands of Marquis Spas built since 1980.

• 3 weeks later...

What it boils down to is service and warrenty. After looking at many Brands in the Twin Cities area I bought a Marquis. Almost a Caldara. all because of the dealers. The Hot Springs Dealers I wouldn't buy a 1973 Chevy Vega from. The Marquis was local the Dealer was honest and had a great rep. The Caldara Dealer was honest also but was far away. I am very happy with my Marquis.