Hotsprings Envoy

DavieP

Going to wet test a Envoy today. They have priced me their test model for $7600. Really looking for something with good hydrotherapy. Anyone willing to share your experience?

The only complaint I have with HotSpring is they jets are not low enough for a real good lower back therapy. I mean right above the butt. The Maax 471 had deeper seats for lower back. didn't to much for the moto sage thing either

When wet tested Hotspring Models we found the moto massage only did the spine on your back and not the muscles either side or the lower back.

We also found their loungers did not have jets for the thighs or calfs.

For us hydropherapy and jet power is important, after wet testing quite a few our final choice was between Dimension One and La Spas.

I love the Envoy. The Envoy has the Moto-Massage DX in the lounge seat. I'm not sure how long ago Stuart A sat in a Hot Spring, but the double moto these days does massage the muscles, not the spine anymore.

Sit in it and see for yourself though. Other people's comments really don't mean anything once you sit in it. :)

I found the moto massage to be just right. Didn't hammer my spine, worked the muscles fine on either side. Much better experience (IMO) than other manufacturers fixed jets. My tub is a grandee though, not an envoy.

Personal preference will dictate what you get.

Wet test, wet test, wet test!

I cannot stress that enough.....

After many months of researching and testing, we decided on the HS Envoy. We had it installed in May this year and we absolutely love it. You can't go wrong with Hot Spring in terms of quality, energy efficiency and warranty. We really like the seating configuration of the Envoy. My favorite seat is the lounge with the Moto-Massage DX ... and it does massage the back muscles as the jets are approx 6" apart. True, it doesn't have calf jets, but there are two other seats that do. All 5 seats give you a totally different hydro-massage experience. The jet/air controls allow you to customize each seat.

The MSRP of the Envoy is $11,590 so you have been offered a very good price. I paid $9500 for a Q2 2009 Envoy including 9.5% sales tax, a cover lift, SmartSteps, delivery and installation. If I had the need for a 2nd spa, I would buy another Envoy.

I finally took delivery of my new custom factory ordered Envoy this past week, after patio paver construction completed. I agree with those who mention that the Moto Massage does indeed cover a wider area and that the various seats provide different types of therapy versus any single "do it all" seat. I find myself moving around to get the benefit of all the varieties of jets. However, one of the corner seats does do almost everything I need and I am gravitating to it more and more. I wonder if adding calf level jets to the lounge would also promote floating out of the seat due to lifting force. The price range in the low 9000's with the steps, lifter, cover, chems included sounds right. That's what I paid and thought it was a very fair deal. The tub alone lists at $10,695 IIRC. I'm loving it so far.

I wonder if adding calf level jets to the lounge would also promote floating out of the seat due to lifting force.

In our case as well as calf jets we have thigh jets, all six can be adjusted or switched off, this also applies to the rotating back jets. We do not find that we float out of the lounger.

Sit in it and see for yourself though. Other people's comments really don't mean anything once you sit in it. :)

Jerimiah this is a very valid point, its what the person thinks who is buying the spa what counts. Afterall there are lots of makes and models out there, which is why it is important to wet test as many as possible before buying.

We have had our HS Grandee for 10 years and had to replace one heater and that’s it. When I looked at the HS tubs they did not have all the bells and whistles some had but seemed to be built so much better. The quality in a HS spa is in what you can not see. I would say you can’t go wrong. My 500 gal HS cost 7500 10 years ago so I would say you’re getting a pretty good deal.

I think it is a great hydrotherapy spa and as far as longevity IMO there is no match.

Another Envoy owner here. I purchased mine used, a 2005 model, and I love it.

True, no calf/thigh jets in the lounger.

The lounger: The dual moto jets are perfect for either side of the spine. The top jets across neck and upper shoulders... wonderful. Also good foot jets.

The dual 7 jets is the only seat that doesn't do much for me.

First therapy seat in the corner and to the right of the lounger: Excellent back (including low back) therapy, plus calf and foot jets.

Middle seat facing the lounger: My favorite thing to do here is slouch way down and let those twizzler jets work on neck and shoulders. Heaven!!

Second therapy seat in the corner and facing the water intake: another superb all-around back therapy seat. Also has wrist jets (if you're a gorilla), calf jets and fantastic foot jets.

For butt, thighs and calves, I like to run all the foot jets and sit in the well of the tub. Facing either direction, you can get an excellent workout of all those muscle groups.

Turn dual jet on low speed and enjoy the water feature, lights and stars. Awesome!!!

As Jerimiah says, however, it's only YOUR opinion that counts. Wet test, wet test, wet test. Please let us know how you go!

Rae