Spa Cover Holds Water

pwade

Best option = Buy New Cover

The moisture in that cover will allow heat to escape more quickly, because water conducts heat pretty well. Wet insulation in that cover won't insulate very well. That's not even mentioning the fact that your cover is heavy.

Best option = Buy New Cover

The moisture in that cover will allow heat to escape more quickly, because water conducts heat pretty well. Wet insulation in that cover won't insulate very well. That's not even mentioning the fact that your cover is heavy.

SO, WHAT HAS MADE THE COVER BEGIN HOLDING WATER ALL OF A SUDDEN? IS THERE NO OTHER CHOICE THAN TO BUY A NEW COVER?

Where IN the cover? Is it sloshing around? Has it absorbed into the foam? Is it just inside the vinyl and not draining out? Is it inside the polyethylene? How old is your cover? Do you have an ozonator? Do you remove the cover when you shock? What chemicals and of what amount do you use?

All covers hold some water. Water seeps in during rains, or it soaks in from underneath due to evaporation from your tub. If there are rips or cuts in the vinyl that are letting water in, they make things much worse. But no matter how good your cover is, it will usually need replacing every 3-5 years.

Dr Spa wants to know what part of the cover is holding water. Is it the bottom side of the cover, or the top side? Is it a little or a lot? How old is your cover? He is one of the experts on covers. His company sells some of the best quality covers in the industry. So answer his questions, and he can help you figure out your problem. Just saying that it is holding water "in the cover" is not enough information for anyone to help you diagnose your problem.

Hope it's OK if I jump in and answer some questions on my cover ^_^

I just noticed that I can hear some water move inside my cover when I flip it open. maybe along the bottom?

I have a swim spa so it is a double cover; 4 sections.

One year old

this half stays flat during use, I flip it and push it over the propulsion area.

Duh I think Shaamus answered my question: take it of and stand it up dummy :huh:

Now that I'm writing this and really thinking about it, Should I try unzipping it and standing it up?

This one section got a small rip on the side gusset where the two halves meet in the center of the Spa when it hit the house last Christmas morning. We had a sudden gust that picked up all 4 sections and flipped them off.... it sounded like Santa tried to land on the new tub and slid off. I keep meaning to put some "Goop" on it but only think of it when I see it while I'm swimming.

• 2 weeks later...

All covers hold some water. Water seeps in during rains, or it soaks in from underneath due to evaporation from your tub. If there are rips or cuts in the vinyl that are letting water in, they make things much worse. But no matter how good your cover is, it will usually need replacing every 3-5 years.

Dr Spa wants to know what part of the cover is holding water. Is it the bottom side of the cover, or the top side? Is it a little or a lot? How old is your cover? He is one of the experts on covers. His company sells some of the best quality covers in the industry. So answer his questions, and he can help you figure out your problem. Just saying that it is holding water "in the cover" is not enough information for anyone to help you diagnose your problem.

[/quote

Sorry! my computer has been down, and i wasn't able to check your replies. The bottom side of the cover holds water. It seems like a lot. The cover is five years old.

In addition to Doc's questions... when you soak do you remove the whole cover or just flip one side back? How often is the cover completely removed and sat up on its side allowing the trapped water to drain out?

The whole cover is removed when we soak.