Nighttime Picture Of My Hs Grandee

club411

One of the most interesting backgrounds I've ever seen for a hot tub. It looks great. I assume club you are out along the Eisenhower expressway just west of downtown. About how far out are you?

More pics of the crane and such

http://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.ph...ic=1083&hl=

The whole thing including the top was about 30k ish... Crazy... I know. It went waaaaaaaaaay over budget.

Tub + Permits + Crane + Structural engineer + Structure improvements + Electrical ( nightmere) plus incendental = A $$ Loss.

I guess it was worth it... :)

I have some more pics I will upload. I found great led lighting for the surround. Stay away from that garbage that they sell with HS tubs. Broke in 2 days!

One of the most interesting backgrounds I've ever seen for a hot tub. It looks great. I assume club you are out along the Eisenhower expressway just west of downtown. About how far out are you?

Yes, I am actually On the Ike just a few blocks west of halsted

[quote name='club411' date='Nov 28 2006, 01:[Yes, I am actually On the Ike just a few blocks west of halsted

So you're around the UIC campus, right? I have a neighbor whose kid is a sophomore there and lives in a condo probaly very close to you.

As the song goes, "it's all coming back to me" after looking at your photobucket and former thread. Not only does your setting for the spa look awesome, so do some of your "friends". I'm still waiting for my invitation to your next party with them. I can just stand in a corner with the rest of your married buddies!

I found great led lighting for the surround. Stay away from that garbage that they sell with HS tubs. Broke in 2 days!

Hey Club.

I just got my new Envoy and was also unimpressed with the exterior lighting package they offered. Where did you find the LED lighting for the surround you mention in your post? (Not that you needed any other lights for your set-up....what a view!) It would be great if you could throw me a link for your lights or let me know where you found them.

Thanks, Rich

Hey Club.

I just got my new Envoy and was also unimpressed with the exterior lighting package they offered. Where did you find the LED lighting for the surround you mention in your post? (Not that you needed any other lights for your set-up....what a view!) It would be great if you could throw me a link for your lights or let me know where you found them.

Thanks, Rich

Is there exterior LED lighting on the Grandee in the pic? It looks like the water is glowing from the inside blue LED. Maybe I am not seeing something there??

Club, what a life. What do you do for a living?

As I mentioned in a previous post DO NOT BUY THE LED LIGHT KIT that comes as an option with the Hot Springs spa. I spent the money on the light kit and about $300 on a electrician. After a few days it fried the board on the hot tub, then the lights died (one after another) within a few weeks all were burnt out.

I did a ton of research and found these fantastic led lights in white and blue. They are made by Phillips and they put out a super bright light withgreat color. I have the white ones around the steps and the perimeter of the deck and the blue ones around the tub.

I have gotten so many complements on the lights and even the contractor is using them in his own house now.

They are very inexpensive as well $99 for ten lights. They come with a remote but I hardwired all of them to a regular switch. You can buy them here -

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-Aurelle-1464...t/dp/B000FFB3AG

Tyler - for a living I work in the online marketing space.

Pics of the lights

IPB Image

IPB Image

The rest of the loft

Click here to view the other pictures of the loft

Nice set up. :)

You mentioned pronlems with HS. What happened?

And, yea, there are a lot of tounge shots in your photobucket. Must be a city thang.

I love the spa...however it does have it share of issues. The board friend once..and now the tubside controls are not working.

I did a ton of research though when buying the tub. Everything else I saw around the 10k range was not very impressive.

Man, with every picture, your set-up impresses me more. I love the deck and stair lights, but I put down a concrete patio for my tub so I guess they are out of the question.

I am thinking about attaching low voltage lights to the side of the tub. (The round surface mount kind with a 7 watt downlight) but I am having trouble figuring out how to hide the low voltage wire that would have to travel down the cabinet then under the skirt. The skirt is so tightly fitted under the spa lip, there is no way of hiding the wires that way.

Any ideas out there?

Man, with every picture, your set-up impresses me more. I love the deck and stair lights, but I put down a concrete patio for my tub so I guess they are out of the question.

I am thinking about attaching low voltage lights to the side of the tub. (The round surface mount kind with a 7 watt downlight) but I am having trouble figuring out how to hide the low voltage wire that would have to travel down the cabinet then under the skirt. The skirt is so tightly fitted under the spa lip, there is no way of hiding the wires that way.

Any ideas out there?

How about neon led rope?

Check outneon rope

Wiedmark has tons of lED's...