Just Filled My Vista For The First Time.....

TideJoe

I just got my Vista installed and wired up (it's a 2007 I bought used) and finished filling the tub and the jet pumps won't come on. The circulation pump is running, the power light is on..... everything appears to be working except the jet pumps. I can hear a relay/contact when I turn them on, pump they aren't running. I filled the tub through the filter box, but without the filters (I'm running swirl away to clean the pipes first). I guess it could be an air lock but I just don't know. The spa was tested and inspected by a pool/spa service before I bought it and everything checked out fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Update: I took cover off the control box and checked the power leads going to the pumps and heater. I got ~120V for the circulation pump and ~240V for each jet pump (when I had them turned on) and ~240V for the heater. It appears that power is getting to the jet pumps. I loosened the PVC coupling on the top of each jet pump and got nothing but water (was expecting a little air release).

Thanks for your help guys.

I just got my Vista installed and wired up (it's a 2007 I bought used) and finished filling the tub and the jet pumps won't come on. The circulation pump is running, the power light is on..... everything appears to be working except the jet pumps. I can hear a relay/contact when I turn them on, pump they aren't running. I filled the tub through the filter box, but without the filters (I'm running swirl away to clean the pipes first). I guess it could be an air lock but I just don't know. The spa was tested and inspected by a pool/spa service before I bought it and everything checked out fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Update: I took cover off the control box and checked the power leads going to the pumps and heater. I got ~120V for the circulation pump and ~240V for each jet pump (when I had them turned on) and ~240V for the heater. It appears that power is getting to the jet pumps. I loosened the PVC coupling on the top of each jet pump and got nothing but water (was expecting a little air release).

So did you get it?

So did you get it?

No, the jet pumps won't come on at all. I don't think they're air locked but I'm not sure what else it could be if they're getting power. Do those jet pumps have some sort of reset on them?

Do the pumps sound like they are trying to run? If not, and you have power to them then it should be a pump problem. That would be unusual for both to go bad. Is your power or ready light flashing?

The power light is red, but not flashing. I don't hear anything coming from either pump. There is definitely power on the connections labeled JET PUMP 1 and JET PUMP 2 on the control circuit board when I turn the pumps on. After messing around some more, I realized that the control panel on the inside of the tub doesn't seem to do anything at all. It doesn't change the lights or anything. I'm starting to wonder if I have a wire that's come disconnected somewhere that's causing all of this.

I'm not a service technician, but I'm wondering if perhaps something isn't wired right for the incoming power. Double check the inside lid of the black IQ2020 box. That has a big sticker inside it with various wiring diagrams. Make sure you're using the diagram for your model (Vista, "SS").

As Peteyboy mentioned, it's pretty slim change both jet pumps are bad. It's pretty rare I ever see us having to replace a jet pump in a Hot Spring spa in general, since they don't cycle on/off. Let alone two pumps on a 2 year old spa. I'm really leaning to a wiring/power issue.

The next thing I'd look at, would be to determine if all the jumper pins on the large circuit board are in the right places for the "SS" or Vista model.

One of the Hot Spring techs on this forum can help you figure those out better than I. But that's what I'd be looking at I think.

I'm not a service technician, but I'm wondering if perhaps something isn't wired right for the incoming power. Double check the inside lid of the black IQ2020 box. That has a big sticker inside it with various wiring diagrams. Make sure you're using the diagram for your model (Vista, "SS").

As Peteyboy mentioned, it's pretty slim change both jet pumps are bad. It's pretty rare I ever see us having to replace a jet pump in a Hot Spring spa in general, since they don't cycle on/off. Let alone two pumps on a 2 year old spa. I'm really leaning to a wiring/power issue.

The next thing I'd look at, would be to determine if all the jumper pins on the large circuit board are in the right places for the "SS" or Vista model.

One of the Hot Spring techs on this forum can help you figure those out better than I. But that's what I'd be looking at I think.

Thanks. Do anyone have the jumper configuration?

The jumpers should be fine - they are set for that spa at the factory. It really didn't make a difference if lights were flashing - sorry I made you check that - if you have 240 volts going to the pumps and you get nothing then it's bad pumps.

The only other thing would be bad wiring from the spa to the pumps - highly unlikely. Check to see if a critter chewed on the pump wires.

Update: Got it working. It was a bad breaker. Thanks for the help.

If it was a bad breaker how did you get 240 volts to the pumps?

I was getting 120V on each hot wire, but didn't check them together to see if it was 240. I'm not sure what was wrong with the breaker, but I replaced it with a new one and everything started working.

The fact that the inside panel (we call it the aux or auxilary panel) isn't working had nothing to do with your pump issue. It probably failed. Your spa tech should have noted that upon inspection. If you bought from original owner, you should have had them fix it under warranty. If you bought from a Hot Spring dealer, you might want to see if they will replace it.