D1 Seville, Jacuzzi J-355 Or Hotspring Sovereign

wannaspa

I have been looking at spas and this forum for a couple of months now. I have narrowed my choices down to the followng: D1 seville new, jacuzzi j-355 floor model or hotspring sovereign floor model (early 2009 model controls on the side). All are priced at aprox. 7000.00.

Can anyone give pros and cons to each model. Also can you tell me what the electrical use for each would be, or if one it alot higher than the other. I live in Sacramento, so no extremely cold temps.

I need to decide this weekend so any help would be appreciated. I plan on doing a wet test this weekend which will help, but any additional help would be appreciated.

I have been looking at spas and this forum for a couple of months now. I have narrowed my choices down to the followng: D1 seville new, jacuzzi j-355 floor model or hotspring sovereign floor model (early 2009 model controls on the side). All are priced at aprox. 7000.00.

Can anyone give pros and cons to each model. Also can you tell me what the electrical use for each would be, or if one it alot higher than the other. I live in Sacramento, so no extremely cold temps.

I need to decide this weekend so any help would be appreciated. I plan on doing a wet test this weekend which will help, but any additional help would be appreciated.

While the energy use may not be the same the fact you're in California all will do fine. All good brand so base it on both the wet test and your faith in the dealer to be there for you after the sale.

In my experience, the Hot Spring Sovereign is going to be your most efficient option energy wise. The Sovereign has been one of (if not the) most popular models for Hot Spring for quite a while. As a dealer I can tell you we sell (and have sold) a LOT of Sovereign models over the years. I enjoy the layout of the spa. It offers a great lounge seat with the double Moto-Massage (feel this one, it's awesome for the back), and still has open seating for 4 other adults (while still having a cool down bench).

One of the things you might miss going elsewhere, would be the 24/7 circulation method that Hot Spring uses. Instead of using one of the jet pumps to facilitate programmed filtration cycles, and supply water for the heater on demand, you're able to rely on a small circulation pump to allow both to happen silently, and with much less energy use. The 2009 models use an extremely efficient circulation pump which only draws 39W. Cheaper likely than your porch light!! :) You'll use less energy this way, and frankly save a good amount of wear and tear on the jet pump since it's not turning on/off 10+ times a day (depending on ambient temps).

Granted that you're in California, and therefore won't have the extreme cold like we have in Montana, you'll still find the Hot Spring will use less energy than the others (without "Economy" settings!).

As far as the Sovereign you're looking at, if you can get that spa for the $7,000 you mentioned I'd say it's a good deal. See about getting a cover lifter and steps for our package though. They'll come in handy (especially a cover lifter!) The other nice thing about getting an early 2009 Phase 1 model, is that the controls on those are the absolute simplest set of controls you can get. Although I really like the new "Phase 2" controls and how they allow for some extra features (TV, etc) I think from a user standpoint the Phase 1 controls are just plain simpler to use. Temperature is set with a simple + / - and displays digitally. The great thing about these controls is that there's absolutely no programming involved, and the buttons do exactly what they say. If you've got family, or ever have visitors, that will also be using the spa you won't need to explain how to use the spa to anyone.

If you have any specific questions at all, I'd love to help answer them for you. I've got a busy weekend planned playing in the snow with my kids, but I'll try to respond as quickly as I can. :)

Good luck, happy shopping, and even happier soaking when you get your spa!!

Wannapsa,

all 3 a very good brands and represent the industry very well, they all have a long history in this industry, as for one of these being better than the other for energy , they will all be within pennies of each other. the energy usage on the Seville is averaged at 9.16 per month based at 7 cents a kilowatt hour, at 14 cents your looking at 18.32 per month on average use.i would think jacuzzi and hot springs will be right there also, all 3 brands use the circ pump so all will run the ozone and the heater without the main pump coming on, on the ozone the D1 uses the ultrapure it is a 3 chamber system that does not offgas into the tub, the advantage is the off gasing will no take out yiur pillows and possibly the cover down the road, also with the D1 if you use the vision mineral cartridge it will destroy 98.9 % of the bacteria = less sanitizer usage. also d1 uses the adjustable headrest, patented, work really well. yes i am a little biased since i sell the d1 brand, but again i would by from the dealer your our comfortable with , i hope this helps, any questions let me know.....

happy tubbing...

The Seville is a great spa, as are all of the D1 Spas! I would also find out as much as possible before considering a floor model,and of course wet test. The Ultra Pure System is the best, you will love the Seville for years to come. Yes, I'm biased because this spa makes me feel like the Maytag repairman!

The Seville is a great spa, as are all of the D1 Spas! I would also find out as much as possible before considering a floor model,and of course wet test. The Ultra Pure System is the best, you will love the Seville for years to come. Yes, I'm biased because this spa makes me feel like the Maytag repairman!

well put!

eric

Hello Wannaspa, I just wanted to see if there has been an update on your spa search or if you have made a selection. These forums are good tools searching and sometime for getting positive and negative feedback on the products represented here in the forum. So for better or worse, how is the process going?

Dennis

D1 Tech Team

Well, I wet tested a 400 series jacuzzi because they didn't have my model filled. When I tried the seat that was similar to the one in the 355 it was just a basic jet. I asked if there was a variety of jets for this spa and he indicated that they were all pretty similar. I wasn't sure if I wanted a lounger and they didn't have one filled. So the salesman said to try one of his competitors lounges and see if I liked it. I realized that I float in the lounger, either my back injury or the fact that I have no but. lol

The D1 dealer didn't have the seville in stock so unable to test or even sit in.

The hotsprings dealer had a sovereign filled so I wet tested that along with a vanguard and a tiger river. In both spas with a lounger I floated.

I think I am going to go with the vanguard. I was quoted 8133.02 plus tax(for payment by cash or check).

includes

Cover

CoverCradle II

ozone

surestep

startup chemicals

standard delivery

Everyone told me to wet test and I am glad I did. For me the variety of jets convinced me.

Hope to purchase later this week. Thanks for asking.

Well, I wet tested a 400 series jacuzzi because they didn't have my model filled. When I tried the seat that was similar to the one in the 355 it was just a basic jet. I asked if there was a variety of jets for this spa and he indicated that they were all pretty similar. I wasn't sure if I wanted a lounger and they didn't have one filled. So the salesman said to try one of his competitors lounges and see if I liked it. I realized that I float in the lounger, either my back injury or the fact that I have no but. lol

The D1 dealer didn't have the seville in stock so unable to test or even sit in.

The hotsprings dealer had a sovereign filled so I wet tested that along with a vanguard and a tiger river. In both spas with a lounger I floated.

I think I am going to go with the vanguard. I was quoted 8133.02 plus tax(for payment by cash or check).

includes

Cover

CoverCradle II

ozone

surestep

startup chemicals

standard delivery

Everyone told me to wet test and I am glad I did. For me the variety of jets convinced me.

Hope to purchase later this week. Thanks for asking.

Hi, I also did not have the Vanguard on my list of favorite tubs when I started wet testing, but after trying it, it also quickly became my favorite. I have not regretted buying one at all.

You will be just as satisfied, I'm sure. That is a good price on the VG, especially if it is the new style.

Thanks,

Randy