In Ground Spa Button Not Working

Brad Bowman

I have an in ground pool and spa. The button to turn on the spa doesn't work (it has been working recently). I have been told it is a vaccum line that runs back to all the pool pumps n such. What are the main things I can check on this? The button also goes into the cement and I don't really see a place to access it other than pulling out the button, but it is a pretty small hole with a clear plastic tube going back into the cement.

Thanks,

Brad

It's an air switch. The air button pushes air into the tube and the air pressure causes the control switch to change to the next setting. The problem could be the circuit breaker, air button, the tubing or the control switch.

First, check the circuit breaker that goes to the control switch.

Then, get some of the same diameter tubing, connect it to the control switch near the switch, and use another air button to test the control.

If the control switches, then next try replacing your old air button with a new air button. If the button does not work, you will have to check or replace the air line. Sometimes animals will chew holes in the air lines. If that is happening, you may have to run the new air line inside conduit.

Does the air button look like one of these?

850402-0_small.jpg

951002-000_small.jpg

950401-000_small.jpg

951590-607_big.jpg

It looks exactly like the top one.

http://store.alliedinnovations.com/aos/ima...402-0_small.jpg

Thank you for the info. I will test the circuit breaker after work and pick up a new switch and some tubing this weekend.

Is alliedinnovations.com your store?

Thanks so much,

Brad

---------------------------------------

It's an air switch. The air button pushes air into the tube and the air pressure causes the control switch to change to the next setting. The problem could be the circuit breaker, air button, the tubing or the control switch.

First, check the circuit breaker that goes to the control switch.

Then, get some of the same diameter tubing, connect it to the control switch near the switch, and use another air button to test the control.

If the control switches, then next try replacing your old air button with a new air button. If the button does not work, you will have to check or replace the air line. Sometimes animals will chew holes in the air lines. If that is happening, you may have to run the new air line inside conduit.

Does the air button look like one of these?

850402-0_small.jpg

951002-000_small.jpg

950401-000_small.jpg

951590-607_big.jpg