Just Got A New Tub, Not Sure What It Is?

slow60

We are brand new to hot tubs.. so I am trying to soak up as much information as I can. Im a little slow learner sometimes because I think a little too much about what I am doing but once I got it I dont forget it! 8) Does anyone here have any idea what kind of tub it is? It is 7 x 7 and looks to seat 6. I got it for 400 dollars and they said it works great. Im hoping i didnt get ripped off :shock: They said it is ruffly 5 to 6 years old. I know that it was a mother to move.

DSC01996.jpg

We have an electrician coming out to install 220 and a 60 amp breaker after holloween. The tub hasnt been used in several months. I was just wondering what sort of precausions should I take when setting it back up? I know it will need a new filter for sure and I am going to look in the chemical section to see about what I will need to get me started.

We are brand new to hot tubs.. so I am trying to soak up as much information as I can. Im a little slow learner sometimes because I think a little too much about what I am doing but once I got it I dont forget it! 8) Does anyone here have any idea what kind of tub it is? It is 7 x 7 and looks to seat 6. I got it for 400 dollars and they said it works great. Im hoping i didnt get ripped off :shock: They said it is ruffly 5 to 6 years old. I know that it was a mother to move.

DSC01996.jpg

We have an electrician coming out to install 220 and a 60 amp breaker after holloween. The tub hasnt been used in several months. I was just wondering what sort of precausions should I take when setting it back up? I know it will need a new filter for sure and I am going to look in the chemical section to see about what I will need to get me started.

If there is no name on the outside of the spa. Take the panel off were the control panel is and there should be a nameplate some were on the inside were the pumps and control box is. Also while it is open make sure all the unions are tight at the pumps and heater. You will have to fill it to see if it will hold water

I have that exact same spa! Same color and also missing the head pillow.I just got it from craigslist for free. I had to put in a pump and fix a few leaks but it works good. It is a proform spa made by Icon health and Fitness. They no longer make spas. I believe it is a kind of low budget spa but parts are readily available for it. It uses a Balboa spa pack and waterway jets and pumps. Good luck with it, $400 seems reasonable as long as it doesn't have a lot of leaks.

Just wondering where you plan on setting it up? If on a raised deck, better look at reinforcing it. that tub full of water and people could be 4000#'s.

I wouldnt put it directly on the dirt either, as that will also cause problems. Minimally, you could use concrete tiles, or build a wooden deck that sets right on the ground.

The tub actualy has some sort of plastic base accross the entire bottom of it. Is this typical on most hot tubs? I have no money for a concrete slab what so ever so I am really hoping I can use pea gravel safely. Im assuming the base underneith will be the deciding factor for being able to use pea gravel.

I have that exact same spa! Same color and also missing the head pillow.I just got it from craigslist for free. I had to put in a pump and fix a few leaks but it works good. It is a proform spa made by Icon health and Fitness. They no longer make spas. I believe it is a kind of low budget spa but parts are readily available for it. It uses a Balboa spa pack and waterway jets and pumps. Good luck with it, $400 seems reasonable as long as it doesn't have a lot of leaks.

Wow must be nice to live in free hot tub land!

I tried searching all night for info on witch proform i have.. The only models I have found are the Tempest, orbit, saturn, and magnus. Mine doesnt match any of those. It is closest to the tempest but does not have waterfalls and the control panel is different. Id imagine it is a slightly downgraded version of the tempest but i cant find any info.....