Coleman (maax Error Codes) 26 22 00 Oh?

CaddoMoney

I have a 10+ yr old Coleman spa that started acting up this summer. It was about the time that it started to get really hot here, and at the end of my water change cycle so I shut off the spa and figured that I'd worry about it when the weather started turning cooler... well, now the weather is turning cooler. When I turn the power back on, the display flashes 26 then 22 then 00 then OH. I know that OH is usually an over heating code and it's not over heated (the water is cold). Yesterday during the flip the breaker on and off cycle, the jets did come on for a bit and the display had all of the proper readouts. Then I flipped the breaker again and it went back to the 26 22 00 cycle. I don't know if it's time to replace the circuit board or control panel or what - any point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Is there an online resource to decode the error codes?

Thanks in advance.

I have a 10+ yr old Coleman spa that started acting up this summer. It was about the time that it started to get really hot here, and at the end of my water change cycle so I shut off the spa and figured that I'd worry about it when the weather started turning cooler... well, now the weather is turning cooler. When I turn the power back on, the display flashes 26 then 22 then 00 then OH. I know that OH is usually an over heating code and it's not over heated (the water is cold). Yesterday during the flip the breaker on and off cycle, the jets did come on for a bit and the display had all of the proper readouts. Then I flipped the breaker again and it went back to the 26 22 00 cycle. I don't know if it's time to replace the circuit board or control panel or what - any point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Is there an online resource to decode the error codes?

Thanks in advance.

The first couple of numbers is balboa id and coleman id stuff nothing to worry about. Does it ever get to were the jets start running before the OH message comes up? It does sound like a pc board because if it was a sensor it would be a SN error code. if the jets do come on before the error code is the water moving in the spa?. If the pump is air locked it dry fire the heater giving you a oh message. What is the model number and year of the spa. There were a 500 series and some 100 series boards that were giving false OH error because of ozonator feedback. If you have one try unplugging it.

here is a link to balboa error codes

http://service.balboa-instruments.com/SpaPanelMessages/

Thank for the quick and informative reply. The jets only came on once and not again, I don't know if it was with or without error codes as my wife was watching the spa while I flipped the switch. She thinks that they just came on and started moving water. It's a model 555 Tahoe - the control system is a Powerworks 514. Yes, it has an ozone system (that I think has been shot for a few years) I unplugged the white and black ozone cables from the control panel. I pushed the hose down into the filter intake and put on the water, some bubbles came out but not a lot, I don't think that it's dry firing the heating system but I'm not 100% sure how to check that - I'd assume that if the tubes are filled that it's not. Thanks again for your help.

Thank for the quick and informative reply. The jets only came on once and not again, I don't know if it was with or without error codes as my wife was watching the spa while I flipped the switch. She thinks that they just came on and started moving water. It's a model 555 Tahoe - the control system is a Powerworks 514. Yes, it has an ozone system (that I think has been shot for a few years) I unplugged the white and black ozone cables from the control panel. I pushed the hose down into the filter intake and put on the water, some bubbles came out but not a lot, I don't think that it's dry firing the heating system but I'm not 100% sure how to check that - I'd assume that if the tubes are filled that it's not. Thanks again for your help.

Someone needs to ohm out the sensors to check for obvious problems there. If not there, probably a bad board.

John