2007 Vista Bleed Line Leaking

Doughball

I was doing a water change over the weekend and I when I checked the draining progess after about 30 minutes, I discovered water coming out of the equipment compartment. When I opened it up I found the water was a steady stream coming out of a yellow tube. One end of the tube was connected to a main water line and the other end was just laying loose inside the conmpartment. It wasn't leaking before I started draining the water so I thought it must have come loose from somewhere. I couldn't see where it needed to go so I hung the loose end outside of the compartment and finished the draining process.

I emailed a picture to Watkins and received a prompt reply stating that the hose is a 1/4 inch bleed line tube and they gave me the part number to order a replacement. They didn't explain what a bleed line does, or where the other end connects. I was hoping one of you experts could clue me in. What does it do? Should the other end be connected to something, or does it just lay loose in the compartment? If it lays loose in there, what normally keeps it from leaking? Do I just need to plug the end?

Thanks

I was doing a water change over the weekend and I when I checked the draining progess after about 30 minutes, I discovered water coming out of the equipment compartment. When I opened it up I found the water was a steady stream coming out of a yellow tube. One end of the tube was connected to a main water line and the other end was just laying loose inside the conmpartment. It wasn't leaking before I started draining the water so I thought it must have come loose from somewhere. I couldn't see where it needed to go so I hung the loose end outside of the compartment and finished the draining process.

I emailed a picture to Watkins and received a prompt reply stating that the hose is a 1/4 inch bleed line tube and they gave me the part number to order a replacement. They didn't explain what a bleed line does, or where the other end connects. I was hoping one of you experts could clue me in. What does it do? Should the other end be connected to something, or does it just lay loose in the compartment? If it lays loose in there, what normally keeps it from leaking? Do I just need to plug the end?

Thanks

Bleed lines connect to the back of the heater and to a couple of points in the plumbing. Check the back of the heater first, then for a broken plastic barb fitting.

John

Thanks

That's all they told you? The loose hose most likely came from the ozone check valve. the other end probably has the valve on it and is somewhere up higher in the motor compartment. The hose draws air when the tub is on, so it won't leak until you turn it off.

That's all they told you? The loose hose most likely came from the ozone check valve. the other end probably has the valve on it and is somewhere up higher in the motor compartment. The hose draws air when the tub is on, so it won't leak until you turn it off.

My thoughts as well. Posting the picture here would help confirm what it is.

I emailed a picture to Watkins and received a prompt reply stating that the hose is a 1/4 inch bleed line tube and they gave me the part number to order a replacement. They didn't explain what a bleed line does, or where the other end connects.

As your spa is only two years old and I presume you purchased it from a dealer, could you ask them to sort it out under warranty?

I emailed a picture to Watkins and received a prompt reply stating that the hose is a 1/4 inch bleed line tube and they gave me the part number to order a replacement. They didn't explain what a bleed line does, or where the other end connects.

As your spa is only two years old and I presume you purchased it from a dealer, could you ask them to sort it out under warranty?

If it is the ozone check valve then that only has a 1 year warranty. I would first eliminate that as the problem.