How Much Service Space

hrustar

Another question. How much space should I provide for service. Ideally I'd like to have my hot tub next to my existing deck (ground level deck, only rises 16 inches off the ground, with the control panel facing the deck. THis would mean the service panel is also facing the deck. Is 24 inches between the tub and deck enough should/when it needs work? What's the minimum?

I could turn the tub if needed and have the controls and panel face the yard, but that seems more inconvenient. Especially in the winter.

Another question. How much space should I provide for service. Ideally I'd like to have my hot tub next to my existing deck (ground level deck, only rises 16 inches off the ground, with the control panel facing the deck. THis would mean the service panel is also facing the deck. Is 24 inches between the tub and deck enough should/when it needs work? What's the minimum?

I could turn the tub if needed and have the controls and panel face the yard, but that seems more inconvenient. Especially in the winter.

I pushed my up to a small wall about 10" tall on 2 sides. It apears there will be plenty of room to get any pumps, the heater, or blower out if I ever need to replace them. I had to replace the contol panel while it was there and it was NO problem. I would take a look at the equipment compartment and make sure I had room to R&R any pump or component that may need to be replaced in the future. This includes being able to reach them and work on them for R&R.

What make and model is it? That may help someone more knowlegable of that brand respond more accurately.

Yep 3 ft is good. Funny I should read this right now... less than an hour ago I was under a low deck trying to tear out a pump. I have mud on my knees and belly right now as I write this. Typically, the more uncomfortable I am under your deck, the higher your bill is. (because, of course it takes longer to service the spa...)