Please Help With Spa Trip

Will

About a year ago my spa began tripping at the breaker near the spa itself. It did it so often (about once a week) I kind of neglected it and now it trips within a day. Assumably when the filter cycle starts. Yesterday I emptied, cleaned and refilled the spa and want to get it fixed. I started to prime pump 1 and then when I try to start the other it trips. I assume this is common but I don't know where to start. My neighbor is an electrician so he will be able to help me if I know exactly where to look. The spa is a Sunbelt Jupiter series located here. Spa Model

Thanks everyone!

It is common that the breaker trips when the heater is bad, have him check that.

Also, have him check the breaker. They tend to weaken over time when they are tripped often. That may be your prblem.

Also. have him chech the amp draw on both pumps. Should be around 8- 13 amps ( depending on the hp and the design), but the amp draw will be labelled. Compare the actual to the rated draw.

Check the total load, (read the label, it will tell you the total load) and see if it exceeds your breakers capacity.

Good luck.