Arctic Or Jacuzzi - Tub Purchase Advice

bctubbers

Hi All. We currently have an old spa (about 10-12 years) and are looking for a new one with the focus on hydrotherapy. There are only a few dealers in our area and we feel we should purchase locally. We have zeroed in on two tubs. An Arctic spa Summit Legend and a Jacuzzi J -470. Can anyone advise on good/bad experiences with either of these tubs, the initial quality or with the manufacturers response to problems.

I have read and understand that here have been some highly publicized negative posts about Arctic Spa, along with many positive ones. I have seen nothing much about Jacuzzi. TIA.

:huh:

Hi, we have a summit legend extreme and LOVE it, the spa is very comfortable and the jets are great on the back. We got ours with the Onzen, and I would recommend not paying for this upgrade, if they add it to the deal for free then take it, but they are having issues with the electrodes getting calcium build up on them and they have to be replaced regularly.

Pete

Picture1351.jpg

Hi, we have a summit legend extreme and LOVE it, the spa is very comfortable and the jets are great on the back. We got ours with the Onzen, and I would recommend not paying for this upgrade, if they add it to the deal for free then take it, but they are having issues with the electrodes getting calcium build up on them and they have to be replaced regularly.

Pete

Picture1351.jpg

Owning an Arctic spa has been very disappointing. I've had several problems with my spa and it's cost over a thousand dollars in service fees, travel charges to get the issues resolved while still under warranty.

In an effort to find something positive to say, I would agree with the above post that the seating is very comfortable.

Good luck with your spa search.

I think you really need to wet test them. That will make the decision easy for you. The seating is very different. Personally, I didn't like how formed the Arctic seats were. The Jacuzzi 470 seating is much more open. To each there own I guess. I wasn't at all impressed with my Arctic dealer visit. Nice enough people, but when their floor model foams like crazy and the water stinks.......that's a turn off for me. I decided on a J470 and should have it installed in a few weeks; so I can't contribute as an experienced user yet but I too am replacing a 14 year old spa.... they've changed a bit since we bought our first one.

Hi All. We currently have an old spa (about 10-12 years) and are looking for a new one with the focus on hydrotherapy. There are only a few dealers in our area and we feel we should purchase locally. We have zeroed in on two tubs. An Arctic spa Summit Legend and a Jacuzzi J -470. Can anyone advise on good/bad experiences with either of these tubs, the initial quality or with the manufacturers response to problems.

I have read and understand that here have been some highly publicized negative posts about Arctic Spa, along with many positive ones. I have seen nothing much about Jacuzzi. TIA.

:huh:

I purchase the Arctic Tundra. Had it since mid april. No problems at all. Arctic Ozone only. No Onzen. Love the tub. I have the cedar. Worth the little extra maintenence for me. Can't speak of Arctics response to problems since I haven't had any.

I looked at Arctic, but ended up buying a Jacuzzi J-480 (wife wanted a lounger). We've had it about 5 days and it has been everything we expected, and more.

I looked at the Arctic's as part of my search, but we just didn't like them. After reading posts like this: http://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.ph...50&start=50 am I ever glad I didn't give the Arctic's more consideration.

Buyer beware

I looked at Arctic, but ended up buying a Jacuzzi J-480 (wife wanted a lounger). We've had it about 5 days and it has been everything we expected, and more.

I looked at the Arctic's as part of my search, but we just didn't like them. After reading posts like this: http://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.ph...50&start=50 am I ever glad I didn't give the Arctic's more consideration.

Buyer beware

Both brands that you are looking at are two very good brands, and you cant go wrong with either. I would try to wet test both of them to see if that makes any difference. Also, many of the problems that people have in their hot tub experience are due to bad dealers, not bad spas. I would do my research on both your local dealers. Check out their BBB file, and ask for some customer referrals. The dealer choice can be just as important as the choice of brand imo. As far as the Arctic goes, the Summit Legend is one of the best they make. Very comfortable spa, lots of power, and the Orca jet is to die for on your feet. Good luck in your search for the perfect spa.

I think there are many good brands out there...very few 100% perfect, however if you have a solid dealer that will resolve any issues... thats worth its weight in gold....I would probably lean towards the Jacuzzi brand...I dont consider Arctic in the same class...looks not bad, very good marketing, but quality of parts and construction I dont feel is up to snuff. Just an opinion.. Wet test is a must.

Hi BCtubber,

Firstly, I am biased as I own a hot tub store, but I want to provide solid supportive info so here I go.

1. Have you sat in both tubs dry, do the jets stick out, are the placed well, will the water level suit the bathers how does it feel

2. Have you sat in both tubs for a wet test, do the jets stick out, are the placed well, will the water level suit the bathers, how does it feel

3. Warranty are they comparable, what’s not covered

4. How many trained (who supplied the training) techs do they have full time, part time

5. Parts support/department

6. If your tub stopped working do they guaranteed a response time (this one because the arctic store in our region the owner does a lot of home shows and actually shuts the business down during those times, clients have been known to wait 1-2 weeks for service then the parts), the owner is the tech, salesperson delivery guy, he just doesn’t have the infrastructure to support his product as well as I think they should be.

7. Reputation, length of tenure in the market, or support if they were to go out of business a factor these days.

8. Trust your gut if the above does not clarify a few things then ask yourself how do you feel about the salesperson, dealership[ as you may have to deal with them for support later too.

Other things to consider

ISO Certification

Water care support and testing facilities

Hours of operation

I hope this helps….

Hi BCtubber,

Firstly, I am biased as I own a hot tub store, but I want to provide solid supportive info so here I go.

I hope this helps.

There is nothing wrong with having a bias but it's nice to see that in your post you instead concentrated on giving good information without simply trying to plug the product you sell. We already have a few posters who see a post saying:

"I've researched and narrowed it down to two spas- brand A or brand B, any thoughts or experiences on these?"

and their reply goes something like:

"you should look at brand C".

Welcome aboard.