Coast Spas Brand.

pLaF

Hi

We have been looking at many hot tubs/brands and today we went and saw the Coast Spas and we like the "Vantage" spa by Coast Spa the best so far - I too would like to hear if anyone knows anything on these spas.

Had a good look at the insulation etc and they are well insulated and lined.

We are doing a wet test tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks

Hi

We have been looking at many hot tubs/brands and today we went and saw the Coast Spas and we like the "Vantage" spa by Coast Spa the best so far - I too would like to hear if anyone knows anything on these spas.

Thanks

Let me know what you think about the wet test plz.

Hi

Thanks

Let me know what you think about the wet test plz.

I am a Coast dealer. If anyone has any questions just let me know.

Thanks

Ryan

I would like to know if any expert here knows about this brand. I am trying to get info pretty much everywhere, but It looks like no one is actually buying this! :/

Anyone has something to say? Please do so.

I am searching IPB because I am getting rid of my Coast spa for a new one; so I am searching for comments on the tubs under consideration. When you ask about the very tub that has caused me 5 years of trouble.

I have owned a Coast Spa of Langley, BC, Canada for 5 years and I HATE it. It has had service calls continually since purchased. And I mean continually: 4-6 times a year. Local dealer has been good in that they keep trying, but the spa is a piece of junk. The same problems are currently in their third rotation. What they fix keeps returning, even with the new factory parts. It leaks, the heating relay trips the breaker, the tub jets and lights work, but the tub water is cold, knobs to control certain functions are on the opposite side of the tub, the jets won't turn and/or drop off, head rest pillows won't stay attached, and many more smaller problems that currently escape my mind. The Coast company is a piece of work! Rarely do they respond to eMails (took me long time to get answers. Even replacement parts requested by their dealer are 2-3 weeks in arriving. They always tell the local dealer (who no longer orders from Coast) the part is in the mail. Frequently, for many of their customers, the wait is a month or more. Most recently, there has been a recall on the main motors by Coast spa due to a danger of fire. They told me mine would be replaced in 4 to 6 weeks and that was back on May 24, 2009. My dealer just received the replacement motor. Even the letter from Coast was unsigned. They just don't want to be bothered by after-the-sale customers.

I would suggest strongly you not buy a Coast Spa. You'll be sorry!

I would like to know if any expert here knows about this brand. I am trying to get info pretty much everywhere, but It looks like no one is actually buying this! :/

I am searching IPB because I am getting rid of my Coast spa for a new one; so I am searching for comments on the tubs under consideration. When you ask about the very tub that has caused me 5 years of trouble.

I have owned a Coast Spa of Langley, BC, Canada for 5 years and I HATE it. It has had service calls continually since purchased. And I mean continually: 4-6 times a year. Local dealer has been good in that they keep trying, but the spa is a piece of junk. The same problems are currently in their third rotation. What they fix keeps returning, even with the new factory parts. It leaks, the heating relay trips the breaker, the tub jets and lights work, but the tub water is cold, knobs to control certain functions are on the opposite side of the tub, the jets won't turn and/or drop off, head rest pillows won't stay attached, and many more smaller problems that currently escape my mind. The Coast company is a piece of work! Rarely do they respond to eMails (took me long time to get answers. Even replacement parts requested by their dealer are 2-3 weeks in arriving. They always tell the local dealer (who no longer orders from Coast) the part is in the mail. Frequently, for many of their customers, the wait is a month or more. Most recently, there has been a recall on the main motors by Coast spa due to a danger of fire. They told me mine would be replaced in 4 to 6 weeks and that was back on May 24, 2009. My dealer just received the replacement motor. Even the letter from Coast was unsigned. They just don't want to be bothered by after-the-sale customers.

I would suggest strongly you not buy a Coast Spa. You'll be sorry!

Nickquirk

Sorry to hear about your experience with Coast. While I the company I work for just picked up the line this year, I can tell you from my experience the company has been good to deal with. Your dealer should be able to monitor parts orders. The longest time I have waited for any part has been 7-10 days and if we need to we can get expedited shipping. The dealer can also check the status of the part order online, so they should know where the parts are. The circuit boards are made by Balboa or Gecko and they two of the bigger suppliers in the spa industry, so that cannot be completely blamed on Coast. The motor problem was acknowledged by Coast and to the best of my knowledge they are being taken care of and Coast has switched to AO Smith / Waterway Executive motors. Again, I know this doesn't change your opinion, just stating mine.

Ryan

• 4 weeks later...

hi...hope i'm not too late to reply on this thread....let me tell you DO NOT BUY anything from coast spa!!!!let me repeat...DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM COAST SPA!!!!

purchased the vantage model in mid june and broke down after 5 or 6 weeks of use...(used it about 8 times)....sept 23rd today still not running....tech support suck and are absolutely CLUELESS!!!having to argue & fight to honour waranty...they are now tring to fix it!!!what a joke...still not repair and they are damaging other parts trying to fix it...i can go into more details if required!!!

...the people that have them and are working fine...trust me, when you will be running into problems,,,you will learn the hard way!!!!

hi...hope i'm not too late to reply on this thread....let me tell you DO NOT BUY anything from coast spa!!!!let me repeat...DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM COAST SPA!!!!

purchased the vantage model in mid june and broke down after 5 or 6 weeks of use...(used it about 8 times)....sept 23rd today still not running....tech support suck and are absolutely CLUELESS!!!having to argue & fight to honour waranty...they are now tring to fix it!!!what a joke...still not repair and they are damaging other parts trying to fix it...i can go into more details if required!!!

...the people that have them and are working fine...trust me, when you will be running into problems,,,you will learn the hard way!!!!

Blackfly

Sorry to hear about your problems. Is it Coast you are having problems with or your dealer? The reason I ask is that in my dealings with Coast, the company has been very good to work with, better than any other company we have sold in the last 5 years.

I am not a tech, but maybe I can help. What model Vantage did you get and what are the problems your having.

Ryan

the problem is with international pool & spa carrying the coast spa and coast spa...no customer service at coast spa & no tel.number to call them in BC...anyone reding this...look for yourself...read the fine print on warranty...i choose a local dealer for that reason..tech. warranty issues...that is why i did not purchase costco or other tubs. whithout having a local dealer....they do make a nice tub...but all the important issues, customer really needs..well they don't have it...you guys are very good at selling...but when you have problems you seem to go underground... i regret spending 8000$ on this spa and would NEVER recommend your product to anyone!!!!

forgot to mention they are very good on energy consumption...because they are usually broke down!!!

Blackfly

Sorry to hear about your problems. Is it Coast you are having problems with or your dealer? The reason I ask is that in my dealings with Coast, the company has been very good to work with, better than any other company we have sold in the last 5 years.

I am not a tech, but maybe I can help. What model Vantage did you get and what are the problems your having.

Ryan

The phone number for Coast is 604-514-8111. That will take you to the receptionist and ask for customer service. Have your serial number and so they can access all info on that spa. If your dealer cannot help you out, they should be able to. Again, I am dealing with them from a dealer standpoint, not a customer, but they have been good and knowledgeable thus far. Otherwise, let me know what the problems are and I can run it by my tech and see what he can come up with.

Ryan

the problem is with international pool & spa carrying the coast spa and coast spa...no customer service at coast spa & no tel.number to call them in BC...anyone reding this...look for yourself...read the fine print on warranty...i choose a local dealer for that reason..tech. warranty issues...that is why i did not purchase costco or other tubs. whithout having a local dealer....they do make a nice tub...but all the important issues, customer really needs..well they don't have it...you guys are very good at selling...but when you have problems you seem to go underground... i regret spending 8000$ on this spa and would NEVER recommend your product to anyone!!!!

forgot to mention they are very good on energy consumption...because they are usually broke down!!!

Blackfly

Ryan

Coast has been recognized many times as one of Canada's 50 Best Managed companies.

• 1 month later...

Coast has been recognized many times as one of Canada's 50 Best Managed companies.

My Coast Spa (or the "Toast" spa as we call it) has had so many problems, I could not recommend this brand to anyone.

I admit, it is getting old, about 7 years now. But in that time it have replaced all the jets, valves, the pump, the heater, the circut board, and the cover. It would have been cheaper to buy another hut tub, and one with a local dealer.

I promised myself after the last major failure that I would junk it the next time it failed. Well, tonight it is flashing the dreaded three LEDs again.

The dealer I bought this one from went out of business, so all my dealer support has been from other Coast Dealers.

They are happy to take your money, that's for sure. Don't buy a brand of hot tub if there is no dealer in your town, or if that dealer seems unstable. It will haunt you.