Elite Spas

dnjsdad

17, I guess it wasn't spa related--my bad. I'm glad the moderators are on top of things nowadays.

Maybe you could post some pictures of your spa before you take it back. What does it look like inside the compartment? Is it a clean setup? I hope everything works out for you. I have a neighbor who is considering the Costco Elite spa. I'm telling him to go the dealer backed route but he's a Costco junkie and is hard to reason with. He's very mechanical so it might be an option for him.

I'm not sure your referring to me but perhaps jmendoza. I am happy with The Elite spa and have had no issues so far. I am not sure what you are referring to on the "he is mechanical part" I had to clean my filters but thought I had a more serious issue and hydrospa was more the willing to have my spa looked at by a tech if cleaning the filters didn't resolve my issue, it did. anyhow, just trying to clarify your request.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure your referring to me but perhaps jmendoza. I am happy with The Elite spa and have had no issues so far. I am not sure what you are referring to on the "he is mechanical part" I had to clean my filters but thought I had a more serious issue and hydrospa was more the willing to have my spa looked at by a tech if cleaning the filters didn't resolve my issue, it did. anyhow, just trying to clarify your request.

No problem Paint. I was actually replying to jmendoza17's post about the pictures. If you want to post some that would be great too.

As far as the "he is mechanical part", I meant that perhaps a costco owner would need to have mechanical skills if repairs were required. I didn't know that Hydrospa would send over a tech for service calls. If so, that would make buying a Costco spa more attractive.

No problem Paint. I was actually replying to jmendoza17's post about the pictures. If you want to post some that would be great too.

As far as the "he is mechanical part", I meant that perhaps a costco owner would need to have mechanical skills if repairs were required. I didn't know that Hydrospa would send over a tech for service calls. If so, that would make buying a Costco spa more attractive.

Tyler, the panels are attached with sqare drive screws, but the guts is probably best left to someone with training on the device. I'll try to post pix

How about two days? That was my shceduled service date if my filter cleaning issue wasn't resolved, it was. :rolleyes:

That's "best case scenario". Now, what would your recommendation be to someone who lives in a climate of -30 when it comes to servicing these box store brands from a service standpoint?

Sorry Doc but I believe hyperthermia is well documented. To keep your good health, there are certain things you should know about maintaining the proper water temperature in your hot tub. The US Consumer Product Safety Commission recommends never allowing the temperature of the water in your hot tub to exceed 104ºF. Water temperatures over 110ºF have caused a number of deaths, according to their findings. They cite that high water temperatures can cause drowsiness to occur that may lead to unconsciousness and drowning. The hot water will raise your body temperature, and thus your blood pressure, that may lead to heat stroke and death. They advise against pregnant women (since excessive water temperatures have a high potential for causing fetal damage during the early months of pregnancy) and young children (since their bodies do not get used to temperature changes as easily as adults do) using hot tubs before consulting a physician. Individuals suffering from obesity or having a medical history of heart disease, low or high blood pressure, circulatory system problems, or diabetes should also consult a physician before using a hot tub.

Aside from these comments, many hot tub manufacturers recommend never drinking alcoholic beverages before, during, and/or after soaking in a hot tub. Alcohol expands your blood vessels and increases your body temperature. So does your hot tub! The combined effect may raise your body temperature too much, leading to a stroke or heart attack. It may also cause dizziness, nausea, and/or lightheadedness leading to unconsciousness and potential drowning or a slipping accident. This argument holds true for certain medications/narcotics that raise blood pressure of body temperature.

To get really technical about increased body temperature dangers prolonged immersion in hot water that is warmer than normal body temperature can lead to Hyperthermia. This dangerous condition occurs when your internal body temperature increases above what is considered the normal body temperature of 98.6ºF. Hypothermia may result in many of the symptoms listed above. This may result in an individual's inability to leave the hot tub or desire to leave the hot tub, if needed. For this reason, it is recommended that soakers take breaks during soaking and leave the hot tub after 15 minutes, to allow your body to cool down.

Dang it! Steve, that was a really good post!

People who are not sensitive to hot water think it is crazy. If you are made of cow hide, maybe you can stand to soak in 110 degree water, but I have personally had spells of too much heat for too long and have come close to danger. When I was in my 40's I could go in at 110 degrees, but not no more.

I like to go in at 104 when it is really cold but turn down the temp to 101 and let it drop in temp with the outside cold air and a bit of wind that doesn't take but 10 minuts or so with the heater off. At 101 I can soak for a long time.

I will set up on the edge of the spa and cool down if I start to feel even slightly "off". That is why I only like spas with large flat areas to sit on. Rounded acrylic is very uncomfortable. I also "hate" loose filter lids because they are not safe to sit on and they have hurt people.

Dang it! Steve, that was a really good post!

Why, thanks buddy! :P

People who are not sensitive to hot water think it is crazy. If you are made of cow hide, maybe you can stand to soak in 110 degree water, but I have personally had spells of too much heat for too long and have come close to danger. When I was in my 40's I could go in at 110 degrees, but not no more.

Even now in my EARLY 40's, I can't stand anything over 105. But then again...I'm a wuss... :P

I like to go in at 104 when it is really cold but turn down the temp to 101 and let it drop in temp with the outside cold air and a bit of wind that doesn't take but 10 minuts or so with the heater off. At 101 I can soak for a long time.

The reality is that the cooler the water, the longer one can stay in. I can't let it cool to 101 as that seems luke warm to me after getting in at 104. About 103 is perfect on a night like tonight! We got WINTER don't ya know!

I will set up on the edge of the spa and cool down if I start to feel even slightly "off". That is why I only like spas with large flat areas to sit on. Rounded acrylic is very uncomfortable. I also "hate" loose filter lids because they are not safe to sit on and they have hurt people.

I won't even say that I bet you're on the edge of the spa quite often! :lol: I prefer a spa design that will let me take the main part of my body (torso) out of the water without the need to get right out on the edge of the spa. Loose filter lids drive me nuts and are a real hazard I agree! No filter lids are safe to sit on and none are designed for that function that I know of.

That Doc guy eh? We should gang up on him! ;-)

That's "best case scenario". Now, what would your recommendation be to someone who lives in a climate of -30 when it comes to servicing these box store brands from a service standpoint?

hmmm. Now two days turns into a month because nobody wants to touch the spa.

No offense taken. Not many people want to touch a frozen spa. :unsure:

Dealers run from ant spa issue like a micrcrazed spa after six months use. The dealer treated the Sundance Optima like a red haired step child...The salesmans role you might ask???? He would hide in the back room or go on break when the dealership was visited for resolution..

Oh yeah, guess thats what your reffering to "priority" service?

Dealers run from ant spa issue like a micrcrazed spa after six months use. The dealer treated the Sundance Optima like a red haired step child...The salesmans role you might ask???? He would hide in the back room or go on break when the dealership was visited for resolution..

Oh yeah, guess thats what your reffering to "priority" service?

Type a little slower so I can understand your point. :)

Paint is getting upset because his typing and spelling are getting worse again! What the heck is an ant spa issue? And here we go again with the one dealer problem that he brings up over and over again. The case is simply heresay; we know of no details. It could be completely fabricated for all we know. Move on paint with another argument against dealers. How about they charge too much or they make too much money? Wow, that would be a new issue for you?!!!!

Paint is getting upset because his typing and spelling are getting worse again! What the heck is an ant spa issue? And here we go again with the one dealer problem that he brings up over and over again. The case is simply heresay; we know of no details. It could be completely fabricated for all we know. Move on paint with another argument against dealers. How about they charge too much or they make too much money? Wow, that would be a new issue for you?!!!!

Wes, not sure why your attacking me personally but I am suggesting you be banned to cool down and will suggest this to the moderators. You are way off spa topics.

My point is that unless your dealer is overloaded with repair work you will get timely service and as for freeze on a tub, drain it! not that tough! your assumeing a hypothetical response from a non local dealership not actuall events that took place.

You have to do a little more than drain it. How about blowing out the lines? I know I do not want to go out in 1-2' drift of snow to do that. I would leave that to a reputable dealer with a good technician that is incorporated into the price of the tub. I do not want to wait a month for a part and a technician because I want to use the tub. How about you paintn? I do not think you have a choice in the matter because you will be out there doing it whether or not you like it or not. ;) I think once you own this tub for a while you will go out and get a reputable tub with more quality in every aspect (pumps, insulation, electronics, jets, ect...) what ever tickles your fancy. I hope you have many years of pleasure with your hot tub because I am sure the one you chose fits your behind. :D Every ass has a seat and the elite happens to be yours at the moment.

You have to do a little more than drain it. How about blowing out the lines? I know I do not want to go out in 1-2' drift of snow to do that. I would leave that to a reputable dealer with a good technician that is incorporated into the price of the tub. I do not want to wait a month for a part and a technician because I want to use the tub. How about you paintn? I do not think you have a choice in the matter because you will be out there doing it whether or not you like it or not. ;) I think once you own this tub for a while you will go out and get a reputable tub with more quality in every aspect (pumps, insulation, electronics, jets, ect...) what ever tickles your fancy. I hope you have many years of pleasure with your hot tub because I am sure the one you chose fits your behind. :D Every ass has a seat and the elite happens to be yours at the moment.

you mean like waiting for a fitting for two weeks from Hotsprings while the tub was useless, great support there. ;)