Rebate Coupons?

stillme

Coming up soon Bullfrog will give $500 in gas rebates and $500 in grocery rebates when you purchase their spa, as well as, a $500 cash rebate. Has anyone used the gas or grocery rebates and actually gotten money back that way? I know that we need to not count on them, but wanting to hear if there are success stories using them. Thanks!

I'll let you know. The gas/grocery rebate is $25/$25 per month for 20 months. You must pick the gas station and grocery store of your choice and submit $100 worth of recipts a month to get $25/$25 back. My dealer says it is a pain to do but due dilagence is worth $1000. This rebate is not thru BullFrog but a third party. I asked if costco could be used as the grocery store. I can not go to costco for under $100 so easy for me to come up with recipts their.

I'll let you know. The gas/grocery rebate is $25/$25 per month for 20 months. You must pick the gas station and grocery store of your choice and submit $100 worth of recipts a month to get $25/$25 back. My dealer says it is a pain to do but due dilagence is worth $1000. This rebate is not thru BullFrog but a third party. I asked if costco could be used as the grocery store. I can not go to costco for under $100 so easy for me to come up with recipts their.

Do you know how I can get a list of places that I can choose for the gas and groceries? It might be tough if the places aren't near or where we shop.

Do you know how I can get a list of places that I can choose for the gas and groceries? It might be tough if the places aren't near or where we shop.

This just sounds like its going to be a dud just like the rebate scam from Master a few years back. They said the SAME thing, it would take some work but if you stay on top of it and do it right you'll get your money. MANY tried to follow the rules to the "T" and NOBODY got their money.

This just sounds like its going to be a dud just like the rebate scam from Master a few years back. They said the SAME thing, it would take some work but if you stay on top of it and do it right you'll get your money. MANY tried to follow the rules to the "T" and NOBODY got their money.

Thank you for sharing your info on how it worked before. Maybe I should try it, but not count on it. I wish I knew that someone at one point got money back from something like this, I would feel better about trying it.

Hate rebates but I think I have always gotten my money when I have sent in rebates in the past. I need to send in a few Verizon wireless rebates for a few phones I just purchased. $100 worth, but I will send them in.

I'm not talking about the normal rebates like last month when I got 3 new phones and had a $100 rebate and had a bunch of info to fill out and mail and wait 3 months for the $$.

I'm talking about rebates charades where they make you jump through hoops and in the end just about flat out deny anyone as was the case with Master spas rebate scam a few years ago. This sounds like that, maybe I’m wrong but when it sounds like they’re giving major “free” money away then I become very skeptical.

Let us know how it goes.

I looked into these a couple weeks ago. From what I've gathered, they are a pain in the butt for the customer. I've also heard some of these 3rd party companies that actually offer these deals to the retailer are actually going out of business.

Sort of like the companies supporting the gas cards that were so popular last summer when gas prices were ridiculous. Apparently many of the companies who financed those deals have/are going bankrupt.

I talked to my dealer's owner about these programs, and he was familiar with them. Said it costs the retailer a couple hundred dollars to offer the customer a rebate for gas/groceries that could easily be over $1,000. So for the retailer, they 'save' the customer a lot of money, but it only costs them very little. The trouble comes in when the customer realizes how big of a pain in the butt it is to actually 'save' that money through the rebate program. My owner refuses to do them because he didn't feel they were really of benefit to the customer.

Only rebates I like are "Instant Rebates" or the Staples Easy Rebates. :) To bad I don't shop at Staples more often. Their rebates are super simple. Take your receipt home, get online, punch in the code on your receipt. Bam, you're done. Wish all rebates were that simple.

Said it costs the retailer a couple hundred dollars to offer the customer a rebate for gas/groceries that could easily be over $1,000.

The trouble comes in when the customer realizes how big of a pain in the butt it is to actually 'save' that money through the rebate program.

But this is where I'm skeptical. I'm a coupon clipper from way back and I know how rebates work. My fear on these is that you're just flat out not going to get your $ no matter how hard you try to follow the rules, as was the case in the Master scam.

Think about it, if it costs the dealer a couple hundred and the customer can get $1000 back (and these rebate people have to make $ so its not like they can give it back to 1 in 5) then they would loose there shirt if they pay back more than a fraction of these to make any $. So everyone thinks they’ll be the “fraction” who does it right but when I see that I start to think that they'll even skip the fraction part and just deny on 98+% of the people who even try to follow the rules.

From past experieince, spas + 3rd party rebates = waste of time and potential letters to state attorney generals

Ultimately all rebate programs bank on the fact that not 100% of people actually go through the trouble (or remember) to claim their rebate. From what I understand about these gas/grocery rebates, they really must either make it very difficult on purpose, or have high hopes that people don't go through with it. From what I've been told, the 'rebate' is pretty cheap for the retailer to purchase.

I honestly don't know how these companies can support themselves long term. Purely as a hypothetical, if the dealer buys the rebate for $200, and the customer 'saves $1,000' it would mean a literal loss for the rebate company of AT LEAST $1,000 (which is really more because of their costs to operate).

The only way they could possibly make any money, is if they collected $200 from the retailer, and then never had to fund any of the rebates. Unless they somehow get a kick back from the grocery stores or gas stations in some manner for helping them attract business or something.

Of course it looks good on paper, because the customer feels they're saving $1,000. Yet the dealer is really only giving up $200 to make the customer feel like they're saving $1,000.

I have not participated in one of these, but they simply sound too good to be true. :(

I have sent in rebates for many products I've purchased over the years (mostly electronics). And some companies are better at paying than others. I've waited as long as 3 to 4 months to get $30 rebates sometimes. Even in these cases, I've always bought reputable products from reputable/major companies.

Coming up soon Bullfrog will give $500 in gas rebates and $500 in grocery rebates when you purchase their spa, as well as, a $500 cash rebate. Has anyone used the gas or grocery rebates and actually gotten money back that way? I know that we need to not count on them, but wanting to hear if there are success stories using them. Thanks!

Here is some info on the rebate coupons from Bullfrog:

the gas and grocery rebate is myfreetravel.com. Unlike many of their competitors, they have been around for 22 years and have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.

They have a list of companies that you can choose from, and if you do not see the company that you would like to use, you select other and type in the name upon registry. The idea is that you use the same company for the entire period, and it becomes like a loyalty program for that one business, even if it is a smaller, local chain.

The information sounds reasonable. I can check with the better business bureau tomorrow to see if this info is acurate. This incentive would make the difference in whether we could buy the spa now or if we need to wait until the spring.

• 3 weeks later...