Help! Removing Impeller Nut From Pump Motor

Hi all,

I have an AO Smith USQ 1102 model pump motor. It's about 6 months old. The impeller is a yellow

hard plastic type that has broken apart from it's axle nut. I'm trying to get the axle nut off the

put on new seals and impeller but can't keep it from turning the whole axle. At the opposite end

of the motor where the electrical connections are located is the other end of the axle. It terminates

with a screw head surrounded by a metal plate with two springs on either side. I can't get a good

screwdriver grip on the screw because of that metal plate. Is there some way I can remove that

plate? Or is there a different method I should use to keep the axle from rotating as I try to take

off the impeller nut? I'll try and post a pic of what it looks like but if anyone has info please

reply.

Thanks!

Tim