Penguin Vs. Duck Thermometer

kimpur

From dan.the.spa.man (in the earlier Huge Cost Savings thread):

"...the duck thermometer said the tub was 60 degrees so that's what I thought the temp was (only to find out the temp was 102)"

I totally agree.....my trusty Penquin thermometer is SOOO much more reliable. Dang ducks. Whoever heard of a duck in a hot tub, anyways?

Love this forum! I have learned so much, seriously! Keep it up, guys.

I actually found a small marajuana smoking pipe in the impellar of someone's jet pump a few years ago.

Them: "I've got a heck of a rattle when the jet pump runs"

Me: ....I think I found your problem

Them: "Man, that must have been there from the factory?"

Me: ....yeah, and it only took 3 years to make it's way into the pump.

Maybe I should have sent it back to the manufacturer to see if it was covered under warranty! B)

I actually found a small marajuana smoking pipe in the impellar of someone's jet pump a few years ago.

Them: "I've got a heck of a rattle when the jet pump runs"

Me: ....I think I found your problem

Them: "Man, that must have been there from the factory?"

Me: ....yeah, and it only took 3 years to make it's way into the pump.

Maybe I should have sent it back to the manufacturer to see if it was covered under warranty! B)

I swear I got a call from someone one day saying his glass eye fell out as he was removing the filters and that it went down the standpipe. I was waiting for the laugh on the other end saying it was a friend screwing with me but he stayed serious so I played it straight and so did he all the way through the conversation. To this day I have trouble believing it was true but I've always hoped it was because that would be comical thinking someone had to retrieve their eye.

My local big-city dealer wants 17 bucks for a duck thermometer, when I can buy it from a rural dealer for 12!!

What's up with that!!!!!????? They're the exact same duck!

hahahaha

EDIT: Dan...just how is it that you can confirm this was a marijuana pipe?

Had a customer call me the day after installing his hot tub. Said he did something stupid by taking off the drain cover, had an accident and needs me to come fix the tub.

What's the problem, I say

"somethings stuck in the pump."

Somethings in the pump? How do you know?

"just come out and fix it, I can't talk about it right now", he says, his voice getting lower and lower.

Well, what's stuck in the pump?

whispering now, "my girlfriends underwear"

Huh? Are you sure?

quieter whisper, "yes, I'm sure"

How do know her underwear is in the pump?

"it's in there"

What makes you think it's in the pump?

"because they were sucked right out of my hand"

Sure enough, he was right!

LOL Some good stories there.

But I have to vote for the trusty duck thermometer. We've sold quite a few of them suckers. Granted their not as accurate as the thermostat in the spa, but they're cute. ;) We also stock gator thermometers, and sell lots of them too.

Those are good ones.

This is not about something stuck in the pump...or is it?

A lady bought 2 spa at the same time. A Sovereign LE and a TX. The LE went on the side of the house so her nosy neighbor behind her couldn't see her in the tub. The TX out in the open for who knows what reason.

Now she's 65 and overweight. After starting her up on both spas, all of a suddon she comes around the corner, whips her robe off and wants us to take pictures of her in the spa. The one out in the open.

To this day I catch BS because guess what...I did take the pictures.

She recently bought an SX and I will be nowhere near that delivery.

Peteyboy,

LOL Sometimes I'm glad I sell the spas, and let our service team deliver them. You just never know what you'll run into sometimes.

Back when I was actually an employee (a life time ago), two women came in to shop for a spa. At some point they were asked if they'd like to wet test the spas. Apparently they weren't prepared for a wet test, how ever they had no problems ripping off all their clothes and jumping in...on a mid Saturday afternoon :blink: