Caldera Vs. Hot Springs

Watkins Mfg. owns both brands. We used to sell both until Watkins decided we shouldn't sell both high end spas and gave it to our competitor...ouch.

I would put HotSpring over Caldera. HotSpring will be a little more energy efficient, more structurally sound, and more reliable.

I have a 1991 HotSpring Classic and have put maybe $500 retail into it over the years.

I have soaked in both. I found the Caldera to be almost too strong, however you can adjust the jet pressure.

I am a HotSpring service tech and in my opinion it is the more reliable spa.

Wet test both brands and buy the one that feels best to you and what you need in a spa. Both brands are backed by Masco , an excellent company.

Good Luck - Happy Soaking

As Peteyboy said, Watkins Manufacturing makes both Caldera and Hot Spring products. It's sort of like shopping for a Toyota and a Lexus. It's the same company, but different features and or set up.

Hot Spring remains as their flagship/premium line. This is what they are truly known for. Ultimately between the two, Hot Spring will be the better hot tub over all. Caldera is designed in a similar manner, but is intentionally set apart so it won't compete directly with their Hot Spring Spas.

Purchasing either one would give you a stellar hot tub, with incredible manufacturer support. The dealer I work for has been a Hot Spring dealer since about 1982, and has done hot tubs since 1979. We've sold other brands in the past, but Hot Spring is all we do anymore. Fantastic company, and highly regarded product.

Watkins Mfg. owns both brands. We used to sell both until Watkins decided we shouldn't sell both high end spas and gave it to our competitor...ouch.

I would put HotSpring over Caldera. HotSpring will be a little more energy efficient, more structurally sound, and more reliable.

I have a 1991 HotSpring Classic and have put maybe $500 retail into it over the years.

I have soaked in both. I found the Caldera to be almost too strong, however you can adjust the jet pressure.

I am a HotSpring service tech and in my opinion it is the more reliable spa.

Wet test both brands and buy the one that feels best to you and what you need in a spa. Both brands are backed by Masco , an excellent company.

Good Luck - Happy Soaking

They tried to do that to us and we told them to send a truck out and pick up all of the tubs...HotSpring and Calderas...we'll start selling D1's instead!

Guess what...they changed their minds.

I have a '92 HotSpring Prodigy and have only put in 2 heating elements and a circ pump over all the years. Great tubs.

I have had a not so good experience with my local Caldera dealer, in Tacoma WA. They wouldn't sell me any parts because I didn't buy the spa from them.

I bought it used, you'd think that a parts sale is a parts sale, right?

Dave

I looked at a lot of brands and settled on Caldera. Primarily due to fact it was also made by Watkins. I truly liked all I read about Hotspring but could not find a model that I really liked. Grandee was close, but out of my price range. I ended up with the Caldera Niagara. Layout was perfect for my needs. As mentioned, jets are indeed strong but can be turned down. This is much better than having jets too weak. I haven't physically gotten by tub installed yet, but can say I am happy with my decision based on those that I have tested. Again, both are made by Watkins so in the end I think both are quality tubs.