Is This Marquis Really Brand New

Country

Hi. I found someone offering a brand new Marquis Euphoria for $2700. Initially they posted an ad but the ad was short, without pictures. It just said something like: brand new spa for a great price. I emailed a response and seemed to be the only one interested.

Met the seller yesterday and took a few pictures. I have never owned a spa before so don't know what to look for, but it does seem like it could be brand new. No sign of water ever being inside. I pulled out the plastic frog tube thing, no evidence of water.

The story is this guy is a real estate salesman, and he is selling the spa for his "brother" who bought it, never did install it, broke up with his girlfriend, then had to leave town. I am not sure I believe the brother story, for various reasons. He could be selling it for someone else, not sure. It's in a little garage storage shed in a rough apartment complex. The real estate guy does own a nice house and it's about an hour away from where he came to show this to me.

Built in 2004, as you can see from photos. Dusty but otherwise ok. Worst case scenario what could this be? It seems like a great deal as you might agree but what to look for?

What do you think of this deal?

marquis_1.jpg

marquis_2.jpg

marquis_3.jpg

marquis_4.jpg

Hi. I found someone offering a brand new Marquis Euphoria for $2700. Initially they posted an ad but the ad was short, without pictures. It just said something like: brand new spa for a great price. I emailed a response and seemed to be the only one interested.

Met the seller yesterday and took a few pictures. I have never owned a spa before so don't know what to look for, but it does seem like it could be brand new. No sign of water ever being inside. I pulled out the plastic frog tube thing, no evidence of water.

The story is this guy is a real estate salesman, and he is selling the spa for his "brother" who bought it, never did install it, broke up with his girlfriend, then had to leave town. I am not sure I believe the brother story, for various reasons. He could be selling it for someone else, not sure. It's in a little garage storage shed in a rough apartment complex. The real estate guy does own a nice house and it's about an hour away from where he came to show this to me.

Built in 2004, as you can see from photos. Dusty but otherwise ok. Worst case scenario what could this be? It seems like a great deal as you might agree but what to look for?

What do you think of this deal?

Seems like a good deal to me. There could be problems with dry seals and o-rings so some TLC before setup may be required but the price is right.