2009 Arctic Yukon Ultra

pamike

I have decided on the Yukon Ultra, but am struggling to get the truth about this tub. I thought the dealer was very helpful, was happy with the deal and options. But when it cam time to get everything in writing NOW she is not so sure on things. Also note that the brochure is not very helpful. So I thought I would take a shot at getting some help here. She told me this tub had a 10 yr warranty and now changed to a 5yr

Do the Yukon Ultras have a 5 or 10 yr warranty?

Do the 2009 arctic tubs have a 24 hr circ pump?

is the tub 35" deep or 41" web and brochure are different?

thanks,

Mike

I have decided on the Yukon Ultra, but am struggling to get the truth about this tub. I thought the dealer was very helpful, was happy with the deal and options. But when it cam time to get everything in writing NOW she is not so sure on things. Also note that the brochure is not very helpful. So I thought I would take a shot at getting some help here. She told me this tub had a 10 yr warranty and now changed to a 5yr

It has a five year warranty. Never had a 10 year warranty. Only the 8 ft Legend SE's have a 10 year warranty.

No they do not.

The tub is 41" tall. The old Yukon was 35", but that changed for 2008. Let me know if you have any other questions.

thanks,

Mike

It has a five year warranty. Never had a 10 year warranty. Only the 8 ft Legend SE's have a 10 year warranty.

No they do not.

The tub is 41" tall. The old Yukon was 35", but that changed for 2008. Let me know if you have any other questions.

thanks,

Mike

My 2 cents,

I own an Arctic Spa and have had many problems, cover, jets, motors, service. I would rethink my purchase if I were you.

Paul

waterboy - others:

what are your thoughts on the lack of a 24 hr circ pump - required or just a sales item?

The efficieny of the tub is supposed to be very good and I thought the circ pump helped that - does it really have an impact?

How does the waterfall run with no major pump running w/o a circ pump?

How many speeds do the 2 main pumps have?

thanks

Mike

waterboy - others:

what are your thoughts on the lack of a 24 hr circ pump - required or just a sales item?

The efficieny of the tub is supposed to be very good and I thought the circ pump helped that - does it really have an impact?

How does the waterfall run with no major pump running w/o a circ pump?

How many speeds do the 2 main pumps have?

thanks

Mike

The circ pump has been a debatable topic on these forums for years. For most people it isn’t a deal breaker whether the spas have it or not. Most people say that a spa that has a circ pump operates quieter and that if ozone is installed that circ pumps are good for that. But, there are still lots of quality spas on the market today, including Arctic , that don’t use circ pumps. The Arctic still operates very quiet for not having a circ pump. The number one pump is a two speed pump. So when the spa is heating or filtering, pump one will run on low speed. That is also how the waterfall works, when pump one is one low.

The circ pump has been a debatable topic on these forums for years. For most people it isn’t a deal breaker whether the spas have it or not. Most people say that a spa that has a circ pump operates quieter and that if ozone is installed that circ pumps are good for that. But, there are still lots of quality spas on the market today, including Arctic , that don’t use circ pumps. The Arctic still operates very quiet for not having a circ pump. The number one pump is a two speed pump. So when the spa is heating or filtering, pump one will run on low speed. That is also how the waterfall works, when pump one is one low.

So to add to this just a little more. A high quality tub does not need a circulation pump to filter enough water to keep it clean. However a circulation pump is so quiet you can't hear it and a 2 speed pump on low can be heard. But a filter cycle for the 2 speed pump is only 4 hours a day or more if need be. However that leaves the cabinet air space without a warmth source for 20 hours, that is advertised as "recapturing the heat from the motor" But if it is not running your not recapturing anything, your loosing heat. Which forces the heater to kick on and reclaim any heat loss.

It's not really debatable as stated above. And it's also not a deal breaker as stated above because either way can filter adequetly. But if it's used as a sales pitch to create effiecency over and above others, it is debatable. Arctic is a good brand, there are several others as good and better as far as effieciency, longevity, fit and finish and dealer support. But if you can't get comfortable with any dealer then look to some others.

any other high quality spas that are as deep (41") and have true neck jets?? I could not find any other tubs in our area that meet that requirement. The Jacuzzi dealer is highly recommended in our area, but the tub to way too short and does not have neck jets. We looked at quite a few others, but I am open to your input.

any other high quality spas that are as deep (41") and have true neck jets?? I could not find any other tubs in our area that meet that requirement. The Jacuzzi dealer is highly recommended in our area, but the tub to way too short and does not have neck jets. We looked at quite a few others, but I am open to your input.

Don’t let what Roger said steer you away from Arctic. Arctic Spas are a well represented brand in the industry, and their quality is as good as any spa on the market today. But, Arctic is one of the few brands out there that does have a 41" tall cabinet. Have you tried wet testing the Arctic Spa, or any others for that matter. Lots of times that will make the decision for you. But, if you are wanting to know other quality brands to look at, I would take a look at this list. Most people will tell you to stay away from Masters Spas, but any of the others would be highly recommended by most.

Spa Search Certified Spas

Don’t let what Roger said steer you away from Arctic. Arctic Spas are a well represented brand in the industry, and their quality is as good as any spa on the market today. But, Arctic is one of the few brands out there that does have a 41" tall cabinet. Have you tried wet testing the Arctic Spa, or any others for that matter. Lots of times that will make the decision for you. But, if you are wanting to know other quality brands to look at, I would take a look at this list. Most people will tell you to stay away from Masters Spas, but any of the others would be highly recommended by most.

I'm not trying to steer anyone away from any brand!! Not sure why your defensive wet boy? I just fill the holes in the data. Arctic makes a fine tub. Almost as good as my top picks. But my opinion means nothing to the OP. It's there comfort that counts and they had some seemed to have some disscomfort that I addressed.

The dealewr said it had a 10 year warranty....wrong!

The dealer said it had a circ pump....wrong!

The dealer said it was 41 inches deep...not sure on this one cause 41 inches deep is different than 41 inches tall....seems deceptive!

If you're looking for a deep spa, don't get caught up on exterior height. Some manufacturers run plumbing underneath the spa shell which automatically raises the spa 2"-4". The truth is you can have a 34"-36" height spa and have plenty deep seating, it just depends on the layout of the spa. There are even some 30" spas that allow a tall person (6'+) to be submerged in water above their shoulders.

I'm not trying to steer anyone away from any brand!! Not sure why your defensive wet boy? I just fill the holes in the data. Arctic makes a fine tub. Almost as good as my top picks. But my opinion means nothing to the OP. It's there comfort that counts and they had some seemed to have some disscomfort that I addressed.

The dealewr said it had a 10 year warranty....wrong!

The dealer said it had a circ pump....wrong!

The dealer said it was 41 inches deep...not sure on this one cause 41 inches deep is different than 41 inches tall....seems deceptive!

No offense taken here Raj. Just answering the OP questions, and stating my opinion, just like you offered. I know you have always respected Arctic on here.

No offense taken here Raj. Just answering the OP questions, and stating my opinion, just like you offered. I know you have always respected Arctic on here.

So have we got an answer for the OP. Is this tub 41" deep or 41" tall cabinet and 35" deep? Both of us are dumb asses.

wet testing was definitely the key - it ruled out numerous tubs for me. The arctic felt great and fit was great. My real issue is with the dealer not giving me the facts and yes it is the only dealer in the area (hours away to the next one).

We talked again last night and I think we are getting this straight (although she did lie again and said that the warranty on the Yukon Ultra changed from a 10 yr to a 5 yr in May of this year).

Bottom line is we really like the tubs and the warranty is the same as all the others we looked at (10 years would have been better, but ...)

The circ pump appears to not be a big deal with efficieny since on many web sites the arctic tubs score at the top on power consumption.

The depth of the tub was great and it is 41" outside dim - however the inside was definitely deeper than others we were in. I am 6'2" with a long back and I was comfortable - just thought I might have missed another option out there in manufacturers.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the "therapy air" option? I really liked it when I did the wet test, but now after reading some comments on here I am not sure if it was just kind of cool looking or something worthwhile purchasing - thoughts??

thanks for your input.

Mike