How To Drian My Pool

dgalloway

I'm fairly new a pool ownership and was never given complete instructions on how to drain my pool in the event the water was high. Can someone please tell me what settings for the Jandy Valves will drain the water...

I have a drawing of my filter set up but I don't know how to insert it into the message.....I can email it if anyone has a suggestion...

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Dynamictiger gave you a good answer if you have that setting (most likely a sand filter).

If I drain the pool that way with my diatomaceous earth (DE) filter, it will back wash too, which is not always desired. If you have a DE filter system without a dedicated waste line, consider installing one (with a check valve if you are attaching it to a backwash line). Another solution would be to get a small sump pump and use your vacuum hose to direct the water to a safe location. I have a sump pump for the overflow into my automatic pool cover trench, which works for me, but not for most pool owners.