Gulf Coast Spas

bearkat

I have 2 friends with them. I put them in the same catagory as the home depot/costco hot tubs. If you live in a cold climate your electrical costs will be in the $70-$100 range a month. My main problem with them as they market the tubs like they are high end tubs and make up some high retail cost and then sell it for a lower price like you are getting a great bargin. You get what you pay for. If you have any specific questions I would be happy to answer.

I have 2 friends with them. I put them in the same catagory as the home depot/costco hot tubs. If you live in a cold climate your electrical costs will be in the $70-$100 range a month. My main problem with them as they market the tubs like they are high end tubs and make up some high retail cost and then sell it for a lower price like you are getting a great bargin. You get what you pay for. If you have any specific questions I would be happy to answer.

Thanks. I am in cold climate so that is good news. Price sounded too good to be quality I want.

• 3 weeks later...

I would be willing to bet that your friends have older Gulf Coast models. I think that the newer XL models are made very well. I know someone with a XL9000 and it is much nicer then my Hydro Spa Omni. GC has added extra insulation to the backside of the cabinet panels. And the cabinet panels themselves are much thicker (over ¼ inch).

I added extra insulation to my hydro spa and even in the northeast my electric is very reasonable. Although I don’t think it is necessary, you could easily add more to the GC if it was a problem. There are ways to very easily make a less expensive spa more efficient and therefore that aspect should not be a major deciding factor in your purchase. I also thought it was really cool how all of his control components where mounted in a molded base.

• 10 months later...
Bear - you sure you're not confusing Gulf Coast with Hydro Spa? Hydro is in bankruptcy and though they used to make GC spas, Gulf Coast now manufactures their own and other spas under the name Tatum Mfg.

Everyone please note that Shaamus is exactly right in this.

I think the confusion here is that posts 1-9 are a year old, 10 onwards are new today.

• 1 month later...

I have owned a Gulf Coast spa, ZX11000, for over 1 1/2 years and have had no complaints with the tub or customer service. I called them at 10:30 pm on a Saturday night after owning it for a month, got served right away and was talked through my problem (operator error). Last month a small crack developed in the shell above the waterline and I called GCS again, at night, and was given an email address to send pictures, which were confirmed received by CGS at once.

I was called a couple of weeks later saying a shipping company would be calling to arrange delivery of my new tub, an updated LX11000 the same color as my old one (I was worried about that, it's an uncommoTonyn color and I had forgot to ask) which was delivered today.

I paid nothing, I don't think I talked to GCS for more than 10 minutes.

The tub is wired and full, all pumps, the heater and ozinator are working and I am a very happy spa owner.