How To Move A Hot Tub?

Just purchased a used D1 hot tub and I'm making arrangements to pick it up and move it to my site.

To get to my pad, I need to go through a 5-foot gate in my fence. What's the best way to move the tub? Can I set it on the side and place a dolly under it? Do I have to disconnect anything before moving?

This is my first one and don't want to ruin it before I get it wet.

Thanks!

The guys who moved my tub moved it on its side. They had a sled made from 2" pvc electrical conduit, they used a bunch of 1" pvc conduit cut into 4ft lengths as rollers, picking the rollers from behind the sled and putting them at the front as they progressed. Two guys moved it off of the flatbed trailer, around the hose and into place in about ten minutes. nothing was disconnected, there was no damage.

Dave

The guys who moved my tub moved it on its side. They had a sled made from 2" pvc electrical conduit, they used a bunch of 1" pvc conduit cut into 4ft lengths as rollers, picking the rollers from behind the sled and putting them at the front as they progressed. Two guys moved it off of the flatbed trailer, around the hose and into place in about ten minutes. nothing was disconnected, there was no damage.

Dave

Dave

I guess I'm a little concerned about placing too much stress on the side when tipping it up. No issues here when you did it?

Thanks

John

Dave

Dave

I guess I'm a little concerned about placing too much stress on the side when tipping it up. No issues here when you did it?

Thanks

John

Make sure it is the equipment side that is down. Cake walk.

When dealer delivered our spa years ago they used a Tommy Lift to lower it from the truck then just put it on its' side and used multiple sections of like 10 inch PVC to roll it through our garage into the back yard. They slowly rolled it along and kept moving pieced of PVC from rear to front til they got it where it needed to go.

If we had to move ours today I would put it on its' side and then put it on our hydraulic lift table. We bought a 500 lb. capacity lift table from Harbor Freight for like $150 a year ago to move our home gameroom pinball machines around the house and quickly learned that this table is GREAT for moving most ANYTHING!

It lowers to about seven inches off the ground and raises to about 30 inches or any height in between - for like $250 you can buy a 1/2 ton rated capacity lift table but we have never needed that kind of lift power.

Anywho, if we had to use ours the lift table would be the way to make it a relatively easy job.

Best of Luck