I Lost My Arctic Dealer

Glid

I went to by salt so I could change the water in my tub and the dealership was gone! There was a number on the door, but everything else was not there. It seems he couldn't last during last winter's slow down. So, I go to another Arctic dealer, about a half hour drive in the other direction but over the Taxachusetts border. So this was last Saturday. On Monday, I get a card from my old dealer stating that he still does warranty work and will support my purchase. But, what a shocker when I show up and they were gone!

I went to by salt so I could change the water in my tub and the dealership was gone! There was a number on the door, but everything else was not there. It seems he couldn't last during last winter's slow down. So, I go to another Arctic dealer, about a half hour drive in the other direction but over the Taxachusetts border. So this was last Saturday. On Monday, I get a card from my old dealer stating that he still does warranty work and will support my purchase. But, what a shocker when I show up and they were gone!

I'm not too surprise that dealers are going out of business. The industry as a whole is selling less. For the most part, spas are usually a luxury item. With the economy the way it is, not too many people are willing to splurge. The great thing is that the former dealer is still providing you with support and warranty work.

I'm not too surprise that dealers are going out of business. The industry as a whole is selling less. For the most part, spas are usually a luxury item. With the economy the way it is, not too many people are willing to splurge. The great thing is that the former dealer is still providing you with support and warranty work.

Funny thing about the economy. I make about the same, maybe a little more, than I did last year. I am paying less for gas than last year. My grocery bill is about 25 dollars more than last year. All my bills are about the same. Why does the media insist on telling me I am in an economic decline?

State of Fear to control the masses. I ain't drinking the Kool Aid.

Funny thing about the economy. I make about the same, maybe a little more, than I did last year. I am paying less for gas than last year. My grocery bill is about 25 dollars more than last year. All my bills are about the same. Why does the media insist on telling me I am in an economic decline?

State of Fear to control the masses. I ain't drinking the Kool Aid.

I some part of the country and in some industries people are doing the same or better. I can tell you that the industry that I work for laid off over half of their staff over the last year. Just look at the big three in detroit and tell me there isn't a problem. But yeah, I do agree that the media can influence the masses.

Enjoy your spa!

where abouts in NH are you? Toward the cost or toward Vermont? We lost 4 dealers around us last winter. Some are trying to open under new names/places. We will see how it goes for them!

where abouts in NH are you? Toward the cost or toward Vermont? We lost 4 dealers around us last winter. Some are trying to open under new names/places. We will see how it goes for them!

I am in the Manchester area and my tub is closer to Canada, like north of Lancaster. Spa Life was in Goffstown. I have to use Arctic brand salt, or void the 10 year warranty.

I am in the Manchester area and my tub is closer to Canada, like north of Lancaster. Spa Life was in Goffstown. I have to use Arctic brand salt, or void the 10 year warranty.

10 year warranty on what? the shell/acrylic?

10 year warranty on what? the shell/acrylic?

All parts and labor. The Onzen system has a two year warranty. Shell has a lifetime warranty. Acrylic has a 10 year warranty. The 10 year warranties on the Arctic Spas are only available on the Legend SE series.

It says to use only Arctic brand salt in the Onzen booklet.

Yes, it is an LSE.

No, it isn't a problem to get the salt now that I know where the other local Arctic guy is. So, I won't really need to confirm with the manufacture, yet.

In the US, a requirement like this would be illegal (at least in the automotive industry, and I believe the law isn't specific to just the auto business). A company can NOT mandate that you use their specific brand of product (unless it's TRULY a unique product), or else your warranty is void.

Is the auto buiz, the example is oil. BMW can NOT void your warranty just because you don't use BMW brand oil (just a rebranded product anyways). I would have to believe the same is true of the Arctic salt. I doubt they have it "custom" made for them, and almost certainly it's something "off the shelf" that's repackage with their name on it...now, figuring out exactly what it is, that's another question :-)

In the US, a requirement like this would be illegal (at least in the automotive industry, and I believe the law isn't specific to just the auto business). A company can NOT mandate that you use their specific brand of product (unless it's TRULY a unique product), or else your warranty is void.

Is the auto buiz, the example is oil. BMW can NOT void your warranty just because you don't use BMW brand oil (just a rebranded product anyways). I would have to believe the same is true of the Arctic salt. I doubt they have it "custom" made for them, and almost certainly it's something "off the shelf" that's repackage with their name on it...now, figuring out exactly what it is, that's another question :-)

I don’t know of this to be of fact, but the Onzen salt is specifically made for the Onzen systems on the Arctic Spas. It is made by the Arctic Pure brand label which comes from Capo. But, the salt says that it is, "A unique blend of natural Dead Sea Salt and proprietary water clarifiers designed specifically for the Onzen water care system."

It also does read that the use of any other brand of salt with the Onzen system will void the warranty.

Again I don’t know for a 100% fact that it is a different kind of salt, but the containers say that they are. I also don’t know for 100% fact that there is a law stating what doc mentioned. There are lots of hot tub warranties that if you read them, they have a paragraph that states acts invalidating warranties, and most of them are from using other types of chemicals, so this isn’t uncommon in the industry.

Other types of chemicals yes...such as baquaspa. But the example in this case would be, for instance dichlor. A manufacturer could NOT state that the warranty would be void if you don't use THEIR brand of dichlor...assuming it's just your basic run of the mill dichlor, same as everyone elses...this of course, is based on US law, and may differ in Canada.

I guess the REAL question her is, is Onzen salt REALLY, different that anything else made. The packaging can say anything (that's one of the advantages to "private labeling"), but doesn't necessarily have to ring true.

Is Capo simply repackaging and relabeling a product (Arctic Pure brand label) they already make and also sell, packaged differently? Does someone else make the exact same product and sell it under a different label?

Other types of chemicals yes...such as baquaspa. But the example in this case would be, for instance dichlor. A manufacturer could NOT state that the warranty would be void if you don't use THEIR brand of dichlor...assuming it's just your basic run of the mill dichlor, same as everyone elses...this of course, is based on US law, and may differ in Canada.

I guess the REAL question her is, is Onzen salt REALLY, different that anything else made. The packaging can say anything (that's one of the advantages to "private labeling"), but doesn't necessarily have to ring true.

Is Capo simply repackaging and relabeling a product (Arctic Pure brand label) they already make and also sell, packaged differently? Does someone else make the exact same product and sell it under a different label?

Good point on the dichlor examples. Again, I really dont know what to tell you on the Onzen salt and capo. That would be a good question for ol gray beard if he sees this.