12v Or 120v Led Pool/spa Lights

What are the differences? Is one favored over the other?

With a 12 volt pool light the 120 volts is fed to a transformer first to knock it down to the required 12 volts required for the pool light.

All the older pool light were 12 volts and some are still made that way because of the bulbs used. Most all new installs or replacements I do get a 120 volt light as long as a GFCI is protecting the circuit. Transformers are are robust and rarely go bad but why pay for an extra part when not needed if it is a new install.

If it were me I would with ever pool light you like, as in features, looks etc wether it be 12 or 120 volts

im a fan of 12V lights, and the thought of what could go wrong with 120V live in the pool due to light leaking scares the crap outta me, there are RCD type devices ,however IMO the peace of mind afforded by spending $50 on a transformer to run 12V is well worth it

there is no light output difference between 12V and 120V