Sundance Optima & Artesian Captiva--advice Needed!

camermom

Hi all, I am new to this forum and looking to all you experts for advice! We are going to wet test the Sundance Optima and the Artesian Captiva tomorrow. Fortunately the same dealer sells both so we can do them back to back. Just wondering what types of things I should be looking for while wet testing? Anybody have any experience with either of these spas? BTW, we were quoted $8799 for the Optima and $6,799 for the Captiva. Thanks in advance for any help you might have to offer!

Hi all, I am new to this forum and looking to all you experts for advice! We are going to wet test the Sundance Optima and the Artesian Captiva tomorrow. Fortunately the same dealer sells both so we can do them back to back. Just wondering what types of things I should be looking for while wet testing? Anybody have any experience with either of these spas? BTW, we were quoted $8799 for the Optima and $6,799 for the Captiva. Thanks in advance for any help you might have to offer!

Are these '09 models?

Are these '09 models?

Yes these are 2009. Any advice?!

Thats a great price for a 09' optima if that includes everything to get it set up IMO. My market goes for 10500. Not to familiar with the artesian line? But if your comfortable with the optima price wet test and see if you like it. Its a great spa and thats a great price.

Good Luck

Thats a great price for a 09' optima if that includes everything to get it set up IMO. My market goes for 10500. Not to familiar with the artesian line? But if your comfortable with the optima price wet test and see if you like it. Its a great spa and thats a great price.

Good Luck

I agree. I just paid $10,500 including steps, ozone, cover lifter, chems on east coast. Awesome spa. My only complaints so far are weak wrist jets and the one diverter is noisy in one of the 3 positions. Make sure you understand all of the jet controls when you are testing. They made some great improvements for 09 model.

I just wanted to reiterate the advice that everyone gives again & again--WET TEST! We did go test the 2 tubs. I REALLY wanted to like the Sundance the best. We are the types that like to purchase top of the line products that we know are proven. However, when I wettested the Optima, I floated up in all of the seats but 1. It drove me crazy. Then we tested the Captiva and it was perfect--no floating up at all. Sooo, looking like we are going for the Artesian. We did go test a Hot Springs tub--Vanguard I think. We did like it as well but husband didn't like the water feature on it and I think we've decided that for the $$ we will probably go with the Artesian Captiva.

I just wanted to reiterate the advice that everyone gives again & again--WET TEST! We did go test the 2 tubs. I REALLY wanted to like the Sundance the best. We are the types that like to purchase top of the line products that we know are proven. However, when I wettested the Optima, I floated up in all of the seats but 1. It drove me crazy. Then we tested the Captiva and it was perfect--no floating up at all. Sooo, looking like we are going for the Artesian. We did go test a Hot Springs tub--Vanguard I think. We did like it as well but husband didn't like the water feature on it and I think we've decided that for the $$ we will probably go with the Artesian Captiva.

You will be very happy with the Artesian! We purchased a Piper Glen not that long ago and absolutely love it - we also did a few wetsoaks and the curves and lines in the Artesian were definately my favourite.

I find it strange that there isn't alot of talk about Artesian on here - after searching all over the Ottawa area, I found they definately offered the most for the money. Also, the personalized control in each seat is pretty damn cool - anyone know why nobody else has done this? Or HAS anyone else done this?

You will be very happy with the Artesian! We purchased a Piper Glen not that long ago and absolutely love it - we also did a few wetsoaks and the curves and lines in the Artesian were definately my favourite.

I find it strange that there isn't alot of talk about Artesian on here - after searching all over the Ottawa area, I found they definately offered the most for the money. Also, the personalized control in each seat is pretty damn cool - anyone know why nobody else has done this? Or HAS anyone else done this?

I'm really glad to hear your positive experience with your Piper Glen. I was a little concerned that there was not more Artesian talk on these boards--seems to be all Sundance and Hot Springs--great tubs to be sure, but would like to know more about Artesian. We are thinking now to go a little bigger and go with the Grand Cayman. I think we'll pull the trigger this weekend.

Wow that is a really good price, we paid 13,500.00 for our Optima in December 08. That is with the stone siding and steps and Nature 2 system ( which we are not sure if we like ).

Wow that is a really good price, we paid 13,500.00 for our Optima in December 08. That is with the stone siding and steps and Nature 2 system ( which we are not sure if we like ).

One more thing, i too kept floating up all the time during my wet test, however we purchased anyways and after two outings in our new tub i do not float up anymore. Not sure why but i don't .

we bought an optima in May of 2008, got the steps, ozone, chems, cover (1.5 inch) with lift and it caome to $10K with tax. we love it. plenty big for the four of us plus one or two more. the foot massager in the center was the final deciding factor. one thing to keep in mind is that if you are bigger (either height or width) there is only really one seat that works best (it is one of the corner seats next to the water fall....it is much deeper than the others). the other corner seat next to the water fall has what is suppose to be the neck massage jets but i find that sitting straight up doesnt allow those jets to hit the neck (i'm all of 5'8'').

I have been shopping for a hot tub for months and finally narrowed my search to the hot springs vanguard and the artesian captiva. Last night we wet tested the Captiva and loved it. I don't feel the need to look any further. It IS hard to find information on artesian spas. I have a neighbor with an artesian and she loves it. Our local dealer quoted us a price of $5400 for a 2009 spa. That includes steps, cover, chemicals for 4 months, delivery and set up. After seeing the price of $6,700 I feel good about the $5400 quote. With little information to fall back on, I was happy to hear someone else is looking at artesian spas. My indecision is whether to add the ozonator to the spa or he recommended a process that is called, I think, an eco system? You balance your ph when first filling and then pour a bottle of the eco liquid in once a month for three months and add 2 small chlorine tablets after each use. Obviously I don't have much of a grasp on what he was talking about and looking for more information if anyone can help.

Thanks