Who Make Aquacehm Products

Does anyone know if Biolab which makes Bioguard also makes chemicals for Aquachem. Lowes has product from Aquachem that would be along the lines of Bioguard's Smart Shock, Silk Tabs and Wonder Tabs or Pool Pods.

I know Biolab makes chems for other people but don't know who

They are both made by Chemtura (parent company of Biolab,which is considered to be their commercdial pool care division. Their residential "dealer" line is now just Bioguard.), along with Guardex, Omni, Hydrotech, Synergy, SoftSwim, Sun, Pooltime, and a few other product lines (not to mention the cleaning products and industrial products chemtura makes). Pooltime and Aquachem are their 'big box' lines sold at such places as Walmart, Home Depot, and Lowes, Bioguard is their 'premium' brand and Guardex, Omni and Sun (along with their other brands) are their 'poolstore' brands. Their testing systems are designed to maximize chemical sales for their dealers (especially Bioguards infamous ALEX system) and Chemtura takes the corporate stance that high CYA levels up to 200 ppm are fine for residential pools. :o:rolleyes: (sure they are, this is how they keep selling you algaecides and clarifiers that really would not be needed if your water was PROPERLY balanced!)

IMHO, chemura is one of the biggest 'streetwalkers' in the industry in the way it lies to it's customers and dealers.

This is the same company that resells sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) but labels it sodium hydrogen carbonate (just another name for baking soda) and tries to lead the public and it's dealers to believe it's something different and better by calling it balance pak 100 and saying it's NOT sodium bicarbonate! (but it really is!)

They are both made by Chemtura (parent company of Biolab,which is considered to be their commercdial pool care division. Their residential "dealer" line is now just Bioguard.), along with Guardex, Omni, Hydrotech, Synergy, SoftSwim, Sun, Pooltime, and a few other product lines (not to mention the cleaning products and industrial products chemtura makes). Pooltime and Aquachem are their 'big box' lines sold at such places as Walmart, Home Depot, and Lowes, Bioguard is their 'premium' brand and Guardex, Omni and Sun (along with their other brands) are their 'poolstore' brands. Their testing systems are designed to maximize chemical sales for their dealers (especially Bioguards infamous ALEX system) and Chemtura takes the corporate stance that high CYA levels up to 200 ppm are fine for residential pools. :o:rolleyes: (sure they are, this is how they keep selling you algaecides and clarifiers that really would not be needed if your water was PROPERLY balanced!)

IMHO, chemura is one of the biggest 'streetwalkers' in the industry in the way it lies to it's customers and dealers.

This is the same company that resells sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) but labels it sodium hydrogen carbonate (just another name for baking soda) and tries to lead the public and it's dealers to believe it's something different and better by calling it balance pak 100 and saying it's NOT sodium bicarbonate! (but it really is!)

I agree with you there Waterbear...... they are the only company i know that can sell the same product in 5 different bags all with different names, and that great Alex program will tell yo uthat you need to add all of them together

it is however a great profit making program for dealers til the customers find out :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

As I become more experiened with different test kits, I like to have both test strips (for convenience) and liquid test kits.

The aquachem are my lest favorite. The colors are more faded and harder to analyze. I prefer Aquachek. Does anyone have any experience with test strips that they like the best? I'd like to know before I buy my next round.

I agree with you there Waterbear...... they are the only company i know that can sell the same product in 5 different bags all with different names, and that great Alex program will tell yo uthat you need to add all of them together

it is however a great profit making program for dealers til the customers find out :rolleyes: