Newbie, Please Help!

razoo125

I have a 2006 Cal Spas with a 6000 panel. I get the HH message when it tries to maintain the temp overnight, or every few hours. I tried opening up all of the jets and tried running it without the filter, still got the error message. Can someone tell me whats going on? Is it a bad temp sensor? If so, where is it located? Of Coarse, my Cal Spa dealership has closed and there is not a certified Cal Spa tech anywhere near me. I would rather fix myself if it isn't difficult.

Thanks!,

Razoo

I have a 2006 Cal Spas with a 6000 panel. I get the HH message when it tries to maintain the temp overnight, or every few hours. I tried opening up all of the jets and tried running it without the filter, still got the error message. Can someone tell me whats going on? Is it a bad temp sensor? If so, where is it located? Of Coarse, my Cal Spa dealership has closed and there is not a certified Cal Spa tech anywhere near me. I would rather fix myself if it isn't difficult.

Thanks!,

Razoo

The model number is CS6000

and the part number is 53986

I don't know if this helps???

Thanks!,

Razoo

razzo, I hope someone can help you out with that code. But please dont let Cal Spas off the hook so easy. I understand that the dealer you bought it from is no longer there, But the warranty you purchased was a manufacturers warranty not a dealer warranty. You most likely have years of parts and labor left on that warranty, Dont write it off just yet. You should call Cal Spas and see if they will help you. They are required to find you a service center or at least help you over the phone and provide any parts needed. Call them and explain the situation you are in. Please let us know how you make out and how they handle the call.

There are many that will benifit from your knowledge gained from how they treat you as a customer. Remember, Cal Spas gave you the warranty, not the dealer. I wish I could answer your question. But but call them today!

Thanks!,

Razoo

razzo, I hope someone can help you out with that code. But please dont let Cal Spas off the hook so easy. I understand that the dealer you bought it from is no longer there, But the warranty you purchased was a manufacturers warranty not a dealer warranty. You most likely have years of parts and labor left on that warranty, Dont write it off just yet. You should call Cal Spas and see if they will help you. They are required to find you a service center or at least help you over the phone and provide any parts needed. Call them and explain the situation you are in. Please let us know how you make out and how they handle the call.

There are many that will benifit from your knowledge gained from how they treat you as a customer. Remember, Cal Spas gave you the warranty, not the dealer. I wish I could answer your question. But but call them today!

I called Cal Spa and they will help with parts and paying a set fee for any tech. I was just hoping to install the sensors without having to deal with all the paperwork and trouble.

Its a possibility that your temp relay could be malfunctioned. Do you have an Avalon model by chance. I ran into issue with a bunch of Avalons when they first came out. They were using cheaper relays on the 6000 boards.

No, its a Balboa. Are the temp sensors something that I can replace myself if they send me the parts?

Thanks!

Its a possibility that your temp relay could be malfunctioned. Do you have an Avalon model by chance. I ran into issue with a bunch of Avalons when they first came out. They were using cheaper relays on the 6000 boards.

No, its a Balboa. Are the temp sensors something that I can replace myself if they send me the parts?

Thanks!

I have also have been getting a "low water at the heater" reading along with the overheat reading. Could this be the same faulty sensor that is giving me an overheating error also?

Thanks,

Razoo

First you need to determine what the actual temp of the water in the tub is with an actual thermometer. Second you need to make sure you dont have any restricted flow to the heater or flow out of the heater. If you have a slice valve that is partially closed it can let enough flow through to run but not enough for proper function. Too many closed jets the heat reading can go way up. You need to check these things before anymore steps.

First you need to determine what the actual temp of the water in the tub is with an actual thermometer. Second you need to make sure you dont have any restricted flow to the heater or flow out of the heater. If you have a slice valve that is partially closed it can let enough flow through to run but not enough for proper function. Too many closed jets the heat reading can go way up. You need to check these things before anymore steps.

I am not aware of any slice valves, and all of my jets stay open. I ran it without a filter and still get the same message. I hope when the 2 sensors are replaced, this will fix the problems.

I am not aware of any slice valves, and all of my jets stay open. I ran it without a filter and still get the same message. I hope when the 2 sensors are replaced, this will fix the problems.

OK, the drama continues. If I leave the spa on FC (filter continueously) I NEVER get the error messages about the dry pump or overheating. When I put it on F2 of F4 and come back in a few hours, there is always a message. The spa isn't under warranty because I am not the original owner. I talked to three different techs on the phone and I got 3 different answers. One says the Board is bad, the other says the motor,pump need to be changed and the other said that the start capacitor on the motor is bad. Can someone please let me know whats going on?

Thanks,

Mike

OK, the drama continues. If I leave the spa on FC (filter continueously) I NEVER get the error messages about the dry pump or overheating. When I put it on F2 of F4 and come back in a few hours, there is always a message. The spa isn't under warranty because I am not the original owner. I talked to three different techs on the phone and I got 3 different answers. One says the Board is bad, the other says the motor,pump need to be changed and the other said that the start capacitor on the motor is bad. Can someone please let me know whats going on?

Thanks,

Mike

cal spa dealer /service agent ....sounds like start capacitor.....turn thermostat up to start heater/low speed pump turndown to shut of turn thermostat back up motor will hum...what city are you in?

Thanks,

Mike

cal spa dealer /service agent ....sounds like start capacitor.....turn thermostat up to start heater/low speed pump turndown to shut of turn thermostat back up motor will hum...what city are you in?

+

I had the capacitors checked and they were both fine. I live in Houma Louisiana and there is not a Cal Spa tech for 100 miles. I will try to replace the motor and pump(much cheaper than getting the tech to my house, the spa is not covered under warranty, 2nd owner) and see if that fixes the problem. If that is not it, I guess it is the Board. Could it be that not enought voltage is getting to the pump, even though I can start the pump on high by pressing the button? How can I check?

Thanks