Arctic And D1 Spa Prices

apradman

I have narrowed my selection down to the arctic klondiker or the d1 Diplomat. How is one to know if the pricing is good. Is there a web site to price shop . It almost seems that the local dealers make up prices as they go. When price shopping cars you can go to different dealers that offer the same model, not that way with tubs? The manufacturer does not list any info dealing with price, where with cars there are many web sites to check.

I find both brands you mention to be among the highest priced, compared to others. But to figure out where the pricing should be, call other Arctic and D1 dealers in your area (or search as far away as you need) to ask for price quotes. Use their websites to locate dealers.

I'm looking for a 2 lounger spa, one thats has some quality. Do you have any other brand recommendations that I should look into. The next closest Atctic dealer is 50 miles away. Hard to deal with

Very few make 2 loungers because very few people buy them. Lounges take up a lot of room and don't fit everyone well so double lounge spas are a rarity. We all say that a wet test is the way to go on any spa but if the spa has a lounge a wet test is almost critical and if its a double lounge I think you'd be crazy to buy one without wet testing first.

Clearwater makes a 2 lounger called the Orlando. I am only telling you to call other dealers for pricing, just to get a frame of reference of what the various models are selling for.

http://www.clearwaterspas.com/index.cfm/pr...--signature.cfm

Tried to locate a dealer on long island but there aren't any

Both me and my wife like the lounger, thats why we are looking at them. Anyone have an opinion on the Master Spa, I know they also make a 2 lounger.

Clearwater makes a 2 lounger called the Orlando. I am only telling you to call other dealers for pricing, just to get a frame of reference of what the various models are selling for.

http://www.clearwaterspas.com/index.cfm/pr...--signature.cfm

Tried to locate a dealer on long island but there aren't any

Both me and my wife like the lounger, thats why we are looking at them. Anyone have an opinion on the Master Spa, I know they also make a 2 lounger.

Honestly, I would say you are jumping from the pot right into the fire..

I remember selling double lounger spas back in the early Eighties, we all thought they were cool until we tried them. as the last poster said, wet test, wet test, wet test. I believe 75% of first time spa buyers buy a lounger spa. I heard 98% of second time buyers buy one without. I would say I would agree with that from what I have seen over the last 30 years.

I never had a non lounger customer wish they had a lounger spa. I have had many the other way. Most lounger spas we sell are ones who only sat in the spa dry. We lay on a mattress or recline in a chair to distribute our body weight and relieve pressure on our joints. In water you are boyant and the pressure on your joints is relieved no matter what position you are sitting in. In fact I always felt if you have to hang on or tense up your body to stay in place, you are defeating one of the main benifits of a spa. Again, wet test is the best advice anyone can give. Some people end up loving a lounge, or they will not admit they were wrong.

In this thread alone you ended up with 3 brands. Read a few more posts and you will start to believe Costco has a great spa also, even from the owners that have just bought them, had two service calls, the spa is not running right, there is no heat, but they say its good quality and they are happy they think they saved money. Even then they cannot admit they were wrong in there decision.

Did I say wet test!!

The Marquis Spirit and the Sundance Dover come pretty close to being double loungers.

I think when you are dealing with shallow spas, pretty much every seat is in a way a lounger. To me if you sit in a seat and have to have your legs straight in front of you due to the depth, its kind of like a lounger, in most cases at least the seat back seem to not be on quite so much of an angle..