Deal On Wet Floor Model

jfish

I am going to wet test a Caldera Aspire this weekend. The dealer has a wet floor model that he will sell for 8k with cover lifter, delivery, set up, and chems. If I like this tub hoe fair is that price. He said the full warranty wil start the day it is delivered.

I am going to wet test a Caldera Aspire this weekend. The dealer has a wet floor model that he will sell for 8k with cover lifter, delivery, set up, and chems. If I like this tub hoe fair is that price. He said the full warranty wil start the day it is delivered.

The dealer would probably sell the same spa new for about the same price. If you are going to spend that much look at Dimension One Aurora II. A much better spa with a lifetime warranty on the thermal plastic shell. Also, D1 is chlorine/bromine free. There was someone who just purchased a Caldera on this forum today complaining about these sanitizers making them itch. Go for Dimension One or Hot Spring for the best.

The dealer would probably sell the same spa new for about the same price. If you are going to spend that much look at Dimension One Aurora II. A much better spa with a lifetime warranty on the thermal plastic shell. Also, D1 is chlorine/bromine free. There was someone who just purchased a Caldera on this forum today complaining about these sanitizers making them itch. Go for Dimension One or Hot Spring for the best.

Thanks for the reply. The new one would cost 9,295 without the cover lifter. I reallt don't want to go with D1. I have a '93 seville ultra. It was given to me 6 years ago. Since then I have replaced the display panel, the heater, and the circiut board. From the research I have done I thought Caldera was very close to and maybe a little better than hotspring. In my area we have D1, Caldera, Hotspring, Coleman, Master, and Sundance. I have kind of narrowed it down to Hotspring snd Caldera(same dealer). I ruled out Master after looking at the insulation method they use and the cabinent was not anywhere near sealed. I found Coleman and Sundance(both at the same dealer) to be IMO overpriced. I am on the outskirts of the New York metro area if that helps with the pricing.

Could you explain this "life time warranty"?

Is it a FULL warranty?

A LIMITED warranty?

Or a PRORATED warranty?

Just how exactly does it work?

For the floor model I meant the warranty would be a full warranty starting the day it was delivered.

I don't know of any Caldera that is worth that much. You need to shop around and do some research on what you are buying. Sales people are slick at making up presentations and that is not much product for the money.

Costco has much better value than that, and they have a return policy.

I sell CAldera Aspire for $9500.00 thank you very much JIM!!!!!! and they are worth it !!!!!!

I think that is a good price with a coverlifter and delivery. It has ozone system, stereo, LED lighting waterfall, seats seven people and has full warranty as follows

10 year shell and surface, 5 year heater & parts,etc.......... Costco has nothing to offer.

Hot Springs is the top line of tubs for Watkins (who makes Caldera too)made by the same manufacturer with the same quality.

I sell Caldera and I'm an honest person, not some sleezy salesperson making up a presentation so don't slander sales people who enjoy their work and help their customers find something to be proud of!!!!!!!!!!

I,ve sold the aspire to some family so was i trying to be slick!!!!!

I sell CAldera Aspire for $9500.00 thank you very much JIM!!!!!! and they are worth it !!!!!!

I think that is a good price with a coverlifter and delivery. It has ozone system, stereo, LED lighting waterfall, seats seven people and has full warranty as follows

10 year shell and surface, 5 year heater & parts,etc.......... Costco has nothing to offer.

Hot Springs is the top line of tubs for Watkins (who makes Caldera too)made by the same manufacturer with the same quality.

I sell Caldera and I'm an honest person, not some sleezy salesperson making up a presentation so don't slander sales people who enjoy their work and help their customers find something to be proud of!!!!!!!!!!

I,ve sold the aspire to some family so was i trying to be slick!!!!!

Have you looked at other brands and models of spas? As a sales person, you need to know your competition and pretty much all of them have more value, Cal Spas can beat that spa for a hell of a lot less money. Even if the customer got no warranty and had to pay for service it is still a better value. You could change out the entire equipment and fix a couple of leaks, over $3000 in service and still have a better spa for about the same money.

Did you ever think about how it compares to other brands? That price is not justified in anyway. If you are getting that sort of money for that spa, you are ripping off people, maybe not on purpose, but by common sense and a survey of the market, you too can figure that out.

It is about value, and you don't really believe that do you?

How many silly ass bullet jets (euro) are in that spa? Those cost from 1/7 to 1/10 the cost of a real jet, and the fact that you have 48 frame BS HP pumps, that I am fully aware of the price on, not even enough water flow to be able to run even that few numbers of jets without how many water diverters?

Read up and learn something. Don't be a fool for a slick corporation with a lot of tricks.

I think that you just fell into a position of not wanting to know what you are selling. You may be honest in your mind, but 9500 for a spa with two 2 HP pumps is not a value, even in today's inflated market.

It has the little pop up speakers, and some LED's. That is about $500 bucks at full suggested retail.

The new Phoenix "Italian Spas" have bullet jets and real pumps, with powerful jets for $5995.00 They put all the bullet jets in to compete with other cheap spas. Their spas look a heck of a lot nicer than the Caldera.

Hot Spring is not a quality manufacturer. They are a cookie cutter spa company who stamps them out cheap with a lot of short cuts and then sells them with a lot of hype and nonsense.

These are machines, not some illusion of "ecstasy" in hot water.

If you just anylize the parts alone, you can see it is not much spa for the money.

I don't really like this role of educating spa sales people. It is not fun to have to tell another human being all of this. I don't support that sort of business ethic.

I gotta go my dogs are wanting me to feed them.IPB Image

Thanks to everyone who replied. I will let you know if the spa works out. My wife is only 5'3" so she is uncomfortable in a lot of tubs(ergonomic seats were to deep). She likes the old D1 seville ultra but I want better therapy. We will also be testing a hot spring vanguard and a couple beachcomber models(not sure how they rank).

ohh this was too good just to sit as a link:

IPB Image

Trigger; You get more desparate as you go along.

That debt is simply the result of a disagreement with a bank.

It has been long settled and our company is pretty much debt free, except for the truck payments.

We own pretty much all of our inventory, all of our equipment, and that is a good feeling.

Thanks for your concerns.

Your friend the Real James Arjuna

The best price we had so far on the Aspire was 10,195. Sounds like a good deal. Wea re going with a Niagara floor model (not wet) for 9,950. We did tons of research. We loved Caldera.

Where abouts are you??

The best price we had so far on the Aspire was 10,195. Sounds like a good deal. Wea re going with a Niagara floor model (not wet) for 9,950. We did tons of research. We loved Caldera.

Where abouts are you??

I am in the New York metro area. A friend of mine bought the Aspire last fall. It was a demo also in southern Vermont and they paid 7900.

Watkins manufacturing makes "Great" spas. They are an industry leader! That is a FACT! Like it or not.

Did you ever think about how it compares to other brands? That price is not justified in anyway. If you are getting that sort of money for that spa, you are ripping off people, maybe not on purpose, but by common sense and a survey of the market, you too can figure that out

Looks like you don't have any common sense!!!!! I have never bad mouthed my competiton to sell my views.

Ilet the customer decide what they want based on what i know of my tubs and I also sell calspas as a cheaper model for those who want to spend less. If I amselling an Aspire at $9000.00 to $10,000.00 it's because it is worth and not because I pushed it on them. My customers come back because I'm the least pushy and get discouraged by the other dealers in my town.

I know watkins has a good quality tub. I looked at a lot of manufacturers before making my decision with the help of a service guy with 35 years experience.

I give my customers websites and forums to research before buying if they want.

So don't try to play Mr know it all with me, I don't like fake peoples opinions being pushed on me. I prefer people who can simply tell the truth about what they are being asked, stick to the questions and shut the hell up about what other garbage you may your self beleive.

Did you ever think about how it compares to other brands? That price is not justified in anyway. If you are getting that sort of money for that spa, you are ripping off people, maybe not on purpose, but by common sense and a survey of the market, you too can figure that out

Looks like you don't have any common sense!!!!! I have never bad mouthed my competiton to sell my views.

Ilet the customer decide what they want based on what i know of my tubs and I also sell calspas as a cheaper model for those who want to spend less. If I amselling an Aspire at $9000.00 to $10,000.00 it's because it is worth and not because I pushed it on them. My customers come back because I'm the least pushy and get discouraged by the other dealers in my town.

I know watkins has a good quality tub. I looked at a lot of manufacturers before making my decision with the help of a service guy with 35 years experience.

I give my customers websites and forums to research before buying if they want.

So don't try to play Mr know it all with me, I don't like fake peoples opinions being pushed on me. I prefer people who can simply tell the truth about what they are being asked, stick to the questions and shut the hell up about what other garbage you may your self beleive.

You are right. Watkins does make an excellent spa. HotSprings, Tiger River, HotSpots, Solana and Caldera are all great choices!

I guess i should have paid my bills. The disagreement was they wanted the money that was owed to them and I wanted to keep it. See? Simple disagreement. No problemo! It really has no reflection upon me or my company! We are in GREAT SHAPE really!!!!!!! Every business has gone to court one time or another over not paying thier bills! It's no biggie!!! And yup I am debt free on my inventory...because (and here's the really neat part) I have no inventory!!! I can't carry any!!! Ha! See? Now some folks take that as a negative thing, but I like to twist it around a bit.

I just want to let you know that I have contacted the FBI on this and it is felony impersonation to use my photo as an id. I have five witnesses and the server will be contacted for investigaton and you will go to jail or be on probation. A felony removes your rights to vote, travel out of the country, and to get any decent jobs. and if you are in a foreign country, you will come to the US and visit our prison facilities.

You need to think about it. The faster you remove any association of indentifying yourself with me the better your chances for probation instead of prison.

I just want to let you know that I have contacted the FBI on this and it is felony impersonation to use my photo as an id. I have five witnesses and the server will be contacted for investigaton and you will go to jail or be on probation. A felony removes your rights to vote, travel out of the country, and to get any decent jobs. and if you are in a foreign country, you will come to the US and visit our prison facilities.

You need to think about it. The faster you remove any association of indentifying yourself with me the better your chances for probation instead of prison.

LMAO! :D

:rolleyes: You're such a whiny little baby....

Thanks to everyone who replied. I will let you know if the spa works out. My wife is only 5'3" so she is uncomfortable in a lot of tubs(ergonomic seats were to deep). She likes the old D1 seville ultra but I want better therapy. We will also be testing a hot spring vanguard and a couple beachcomber models(not sure how they rank).

Well wet tested this weekend and am no closer to a decision. The Hotspring Vanguard is out. The Caldera I think was not as comfortable as I had hoped. The beachcomber was the most comfortable. For therapy we would have to go with a 700 series the single pump on the 500 series was not enough. The price is a little high for me but I did like it.

Well wet tested this weekend and am no closer to a decision. The Hotspring Vanguard is out. The Caldera I think was not as comfortable as I had hoped. The beachcomber was the most comfortable. For therapy we would have to go with a 700 series the single pump on the 500 series was not enough. The price is a little high for me but I did like it.

Did you by chance try the Tiger River Caspian?

Thats too bad. That store is really missing the boat, not having one filled! If you cannot find what you are looking for in the Caldera, HotSpring and Tiger River line, I would check out a local Sundance dealer.

That is my next visit they were closed Sunday and Monday. The Sundance line in my area is priced highed than the other brands.