Poor Glue Joints

Jamicor

I wish they could, but 8 years is really pushing it. I might hope for some concession from the dealer you bought it from, but even that is pushing it.

The warrantry for leaks is 5 years so I'd say 5 years & 1 month is pushing it, 5 & 1/2 years is a bummer, 8 years is unfortunate.

My fuel pump went out last month on my car, only 1,550 miles past the warranty. It killed me and I wanted to say "...but its only a little over, isn't there something you can do?". I swalled hard and accepted my fate though it will always kill me that it was sooooo close!!!

Last thing I'm going to say on this: What if you went to your dealer to fix your out of warranty fuel pump and he said "Ya, we have had a ton of these come thru out of warranty. It seems the manufacturer installed defective fuel pumps when these cars were all made back in '03. Once they noticed their mistake, they corrected it, but oh well, buddy - too bad for you, cause your out of warranty. Now that's gonna cost ya $1,500 for their mistake". I'm sure you would be just fine with that. Oh, let me guess - you have a GM car, yes?

Last thing I'm going to say on this: What if you went to your dealer to fix your out of warranty fuel pump and he said "Ya, we have had a ton of these come thru out of warranty. It seems the manufacturer installed defective fuel pumps when these cars were all made back in '03. Once they noticed their mistake, they corrected it, but oh well, buddy - too bad for you, cause your out of warranty. Now that's gonna cost ya $1,500 for their mistake". I'm sure you would be just fine with that. Oh, let me guess - you have a GM car, yes?

There are loads of items on vehicles that my mehanic says "yep these are a common problem" "but the newer ones are better"

Bad comparision, try again.

I wish they could, but 8 years is really pushing it. I might hope for some concession from the dealer you bought it from, but even that is pushing it.

The warrantry for leaks is 5 years so I'd say 5 years & 1 month is pushing it, 5 & 1/2 years is a bummer, 8 years is unfortunate.

My fuel pump went out last month on my car, only 1,550 miles past the warranty. It killed me and I wanted to say "...but its only a little over, isn't there something you can do?". I swalled hard and accepted my fate though it will always kill me that it was sooooo close!!!

Well to compare evenly, what if the EPA laws changed on how fuel pumps were to be made and all of the car companies had to use fuel pumps from the same fatory at the last minute, and the new fuel pumps were found to fail after 8 years of use (but the car companies don't know this until 6,7,8 years later?) Sounds like the problem occurred due to the fuel pump company and how they made their product (EPA or Glue provider in our case).

Sounds to me like the hot tub companies didn't have much of a choice. Knowing that, why would they willingly replace $8000 units for something that they were not directly or knowingly a part of, and could not avoid even if they wanted to?

How do you know that your hot water heating element wasn't part of a bad batch...have you gone on a heating element message board to come to your decision that it has simply met it's time, or did you just came up with a time frame that you thought was sufficient?

I have a 2001 Dodge Dakota and have found that the clutch fan and blower for the Heat/AC fan have been replaced in thousands of other vehicles and is not covered by warranty. Do I expect them to replace mine for free with 148,000 miles on it. Absolutely not.

• 15 years later...

I had my hot tub for 5 month replaced 4 weeks ago the shell was turning white it was a black tub so know the other tub is doing the same I've been told it is the glue and I'm going to have to tell them it's going white again they took responsibility last time so it's the same problem I'll let you know what happens