Nordic And Hydropool Spas

bherbst4114

I just got quotes for a new Nordic Crown II and a Hydropool model 4000 Gold for about 4000.00 with everything (steps, chem, warranty, cover). What do you guys and gals know about these? Are they worth it or do they have issues? I have a 97 Tiger River Bengal that needs about 1000.00 worth of work and was considering a trade as they will take 700.00 not working towards a new spa. I need all the advice I can get. Thanks

I just got quotes for a new Nordic Crown II and a Hydropool model 4000 Gold for about 4000.00 with everything (steps, chem, warranty, cover). What do you guys and gals know about these? Are they worth it or do they have issues? I have a 97 Tiger River Bengal that needs about 1000.00 worth of work and was considering a trade as they will take 700.00 not working towards a new spa. I need all the advice I can get. Thanks

We recently purchased the Nordic Crown XL and we like it alot. We have the ozonator. Only issue is that even at low speed is not perfectly quiet if under a bedroom window, but it's fine for any other window area. We love the style of tub - simple and effective.

PFamily

I have dealt with Hydropool Spas out of Canada for the past 16 years. If you are getting a M4000 Gold series for under or around $4000 you are getting a get deal and not over paying. This company stands behind its warranty and will even go a little past to service the customer. It is built to last and operating costs are nominal. They are a big company, but deal with individual customers. I personally am in contact with the owner every few days and he is a upstanding person. His goal is to get problems solved, build the best Hot Tub and he doesn't pass the buck. You will not go wrong dealing with Hydropool.

As for the Nordic Crown ,they actually don't make this unit. They redistribute it , but stand behind it. Personally I have sold over 500 of tHese units in the last 10 years. The M 4000 Gold is the beter buy.

• 2 weeks later...

I have dealt with Hydropool Spas out of Canada for the past 16 years. If you are getting a M4000 Gold series for under or around $4000 you are getting a get deal and not over paying. This company stands behind its warranty and will even go a little past to service the customer. It is built to last and operating costs are nominal. They are a big company, but deal with individual customers. I personally am in contact with the owner every few days and he is a upstanding person. His goal is to get problems solved, build the best Hot Tub and he doesn't pass the buck. You will not go wrong dealing with Hydropool.

As for the Nordic Crown ,they actually don't make this unit. They redistribute it , but stand behind it. Personally I have sold over 500 of tHese units in the last 10 years. The M 4000 Gold is the beter buy.

These are the words of a true Hydropool salesman :o) Well, first of all the warranty of the Hydropool really isnt anything to talk about. Hydropool Hot Tubs are warranted from date of shipping ( that is the date of shipping from the factory to the retailer ) - not the date of purchase like most others. You cant transfer the warranty if the hot tub is moved to a new address or owner. They have a poor warranty ( or none if I remember correctly ) for leaks. They often have leaks ( or get them in time ) because of poor support of the plumbing and jets, because its thermal insulated which does not provide any good support. They use a wrap for compensating for the poor support - but its not nearly enough... Trust me!

You are better off with your Tiger River Bengal from Hotspring... get it fixed or buy a new hot tub from Hot Spring or Marquis Spas.

They offer much service and warranties - especially Marquis has a good warranty.

Good luck with your buy ;o)

hmmmmmmmmmmm, and this sounds like a competing salesman :D

Not really - I work in Europe. And we sell Hydropool among other brands ;o)

But don't get me wrong - Hydropool is not a bad hot tub. There are just many other tubs that offer a better quality and costs less or the same.

hmmmmmmmmmmm, and this sounds like a competing salesman :D

Breeze

totally wrong information. Warranty is from the date that the dealer enters in the sales on there sales form, then mailed into Hydropool. Serenity Spa's come with a 10/5/3 year warranty. Three years against all leaks and main compentent failure.

Warranties are transferable for $99.00. As for leaks...all Spas get leaks and if you deny this you haven't sold that many hot tubs.

Seems that you getting some misinformation. I have also sold Beachcomber,Marquis and Jacuzzi. It is the individuals behind the company.

Poolman18

Well, it's correct and wrong at the same time - im reffering to the European warranty.

It might be different in the US and Canada - I didn't think of that... sorry! But...

In the European warranty it says : "Warranty applies to original purchaser only and is NOT transferable. Date of shipping refers to the date that the product was shipped from Hydropool Industries". This in my opinion is not fair since a normal customer won't know the shippingdate - but thats just my personal opinion. But if we just compare the warranties in years - the Marquis for instance has a 10/7/5 and the Hot Spring on some models have the same as Marquis Spas. Some manufacturers have different length of warranties depending on the size, prize etc on the model. Its a good thing to check these things before buying. Hydropool sounds like they have a decent warranty in the US / Canada - but not in Europe.

Regarding leaks : Ha ha - I won't deny a thing that logical. Of course they get leaks in time... Just like the engine in a car won't last forever regardless of quality (!). But the better the quality is and the better it is built, the longer it lasts. Same goes with hot tubs - and the Thermal insulated hot tubs usually have leaks more often and earlier in life, because of the weaker support of the plumbing and jets. But don't get me wrong - I wouldn't be affraid of buying a Hydropool - I would just choose something else in that pricecategory if it was my choice! I feel there are better products with better quality, better warranty and better finish at the market. And the thermal insulated hot tubs is not as energyefficient as good full foamed hot tub... All tho I don't expect any salesman from - lets say Hydropool or Arctic Spas to admit that, since they both try to make the thermal insulation sound more effective than a full foamed :)

And the thermal insulated hot tubs is not as energy efficient as good full foamed hot tub... All tho I don't expect any salesman from - lets say... Arctic Spas to admit that

:P Of course we won't "admit" that, since it's not true. The available research indicates otherwise, at least for lower temperatures. :ph34r:

Please see Thermal Performance Test of Hot Tubs conducted by the Alberta Research Council. This study found that only ONE spa (a full-foam) tested at 20F outperformed the Arctic model and NONE tested at -12F outperformed the Arctic.

Sorry, not meaning to hijack the thread, just couldn't resist. B)

These are the words of a true Hydropool salesman :o) Well, first of all the warranty of the Hydropool really isnt anything to talk about. Hydropool Hot Tubs are warranted from date of shipping ( that is the date of shipping from the factory to the retailer ) - not the date of purchase like most others

In New Hampshire and many other states, it does not mater what the date of manufacture/shipping is, it is the date of delivery and there is nothing the manufacturer can do about it. Find what your local laws are.

. You cant transfer the warranty if the hot tub is moved to a new address or owner. They have a poor warranty ( or none if I remember correctly ) for leaks. They often have leaks ( or get them in time ) because of poor support of the plumbing and jets, because its thermal insulated which does not provide any good support. They use a wrap for compensating for the poor support - but its not nearly enough... Trust me!

You are better off with your Tiger River Bengal from Hotspring... get it fixed or buy a new hot tub from Hot Spring or Marquis Spas.

They offer much service and warranties - especially Marquis has a good warranty.

Good luck with your buy ;o)

We have worked on many a leak in full foam tubs, just search the forum, recently there has been a bunch of Hot Springs issues.

We sell a dead air space tub, Clearwater, and it has passed the CEC testing.

A quality built tub with a manufactuer that backs it is the biggest hurdle for the consumer, the next hurdle is a good dealer who will back them AND know what he is talking about. Then find a tub that suits their needs.

Well, it's correct and wrong at the same time - im reffering to the European warranty.

It might be different in the US and Canada - I didn't think of that... sorry! But...

In the European warranty it says : "Warranty applies to original purchaser only and is NOT transferable. Date of shipping refers to the date that the product was shipped from Hydropool Industries". This in my opinion is not fair since a normal customer won't know the shippingdate - but thats just my personal opinion. But if we just compare the warranties in years - the Marquis for instance has a 10/7/5 and the Hot Spring on some models have the same as Marquis Spas. Some manufacturers have different length of warranties depending on the size, prize etc on the model. Its a good thing to check these things before buying. Hydropool sounds like they have a decent warranty in the US / Canada - but not in Europe.

Regarding leaks : Ha ha - I won't deny a thing that logical. Of course they get leaks in time... Just like the engine in a car won't last forever regardless of quality (!). But the better the quality is and the better it is built, the longer it lasts. Same goes with hot tubs - and the Thermal insulated hot tubs usually have leaks more often and earlier in life, because of the weaker support of the plumbing and jets. But don't get me wrong - I wouldn't be affraid of buying a Hydropool - I would just choose something else in that pricecategory if it was my choice! I feel there are better products with better quality, better warranty and better finish at the market. And the thermal insulated hot tubs is not as energyefficient as good full foamed hot tub... All tho I don't expect any salesman from - lets say Hydropool or Arctic Spas to admit that, since they both try to make the thermal insulation sound more effective than a full foamed :)

Agree with many points. Not sure of the European warranty, being a Canadian Dealer.

• 4 weeks later...
And the thermal insulated hot tubs is not as energy efficient as good full foamed hot tub... All tho I don't expect any salesman from - lets say... Arctic Spas to admit that

Sorry, not meaning to hijack the thread, just couldn't resist. B)

Arctic has the best way to Tp insulate a spa barr none.