Consumers: What Do You Look For In A Dealer.

Please: dealers, manufacturers, salespersons, techs, let the consumer speak.

Give us your #1 and #2 things you're looking for? What's most important to you?

One of the most important things to consider is how well the manufacturer will honor the terms of the warranty. Do some research to find out which ones have the best reputations for the manufacturer taking care of warranty issues. Without support from the manufacturer, the dealer or service tech no matter how good will be limited in their ability to provide assistance. My ratings would be #1 Manufacturer reputation for quality and customer service regarding warranty issues, #2 Service tech knowledge and factory training programs they have received, many dealers can show you the training qualifications for their techs.

One of the most important things to consider is how well the manufacturer will honor the terms of the warranty. Do some research to find out which ones have the best reputations for the manufacturer taking care of warranty issues. Without support from the manufacturer, the dealer or service tech no matter how good will be limited in their ability to provide assistance. My ratings would be #1 Manufacturer reputation for quality and customer service regarding warranty issues, #2 Service tech knowledge and factory training programs they have received, many dealers can show you the training qualifications for their techs.

Some of the worst products made today have a five year warranty on them. They make really cheap spas and sell them at super high prices, like twice what they should sell for a full retail. They do it with a lot of deception.

So, the consumer is paying for a cheap piece of plastic stuffed with foam, with a five year warranty. The warranty part is about $600 to cover all of the screw ups. The next thing they do is honor the warranty so it seems like they are good people. But after the warranty is over, and the shell cracks out, you are stuck with a $900 repair on a spa that is worth, in perfect conditon $2000. This happens a lot.

Does that make sense? Woudn't it be a better idea to make a stronger product that lasts without a lot of repairs? Then you can afford to do the warranty because they are so few. Then you can ship them all over the country and not worry about breakdowns or any warranty issue. That is what we do.

The idea that you have to have service is telling the consumer the product you sell is no good, and WILL NEED SERVICE, A LOT OF SERVICE.

Jim, Please, I asked for dealers, manufacturers, salespersons and techs to obstain.

I am sorry I will use my consumer position and answer from that.

I look for honesty. If I find out that the dealer has told me one single lie, I will do everything I can to help put them out of business.

I look for products that have value. If the product is overpriced and out of date, that really makes me walk out of the store. One time this computer guy sold my sister a computer that was two years out of date. My brother made that guy almost have to eat that computer. So, I hate stores that use consumer ignorance as a means of sales.

I hate people who are deceptive in sales. It is the worst thing a store owner can do.

When I go to a store I never buy anything that is costly without checking out everything they say. (I always ask the my customers do the same.) If I find an honest dealer for anything I will normally go back to them next time and I will refer my friends to them.

So, in short I don't like sleazy stores.