Need Advice

Roger

I am in the middle of building a 8x12 shed with a center wall for a garden shed/sauna combination. I have a friend who will get me an electric sauna stove and then I can get 220V power out there and 110V for lights at a cost of about 800-1100 bucks. Or I was thinking of possibly going the wood fired stove direction and battery powered lights and save the 400 bucks for wiring for now? Is there a difference in the feel of the heat? I know there will be a difference in the control and effort involved but I think I can deal with that for the more natural smell and if there is a different more natural feel of the heat?

Come on you sauna conisuers fill me in.

I couldn't imagine having to go lite a fire and stoke it till the sauna gets hot...EVERY time. Not to mention trying to control the temp...Though, at the rate I actually USE my sauna? :D

It will be small enough and insulated enough that the stove I will be getting should be able to heat it and maintain it with one fill for one sit. I hope. In other words stoke it on sauna night after work and it will be ready when I am and last till I am done.