Newbie Deciding On A Tub

mtnbear

I have been researching for a few weeks, and we are about to pull the trigger on getting a new spa. I had a Catalina Spa 1100 (?) that died a few years ago after freezing though. It has wonderful massage and powerful jets, but it just wasn't a high quality tub. The insulation was just where you could see it from the front :huh: and not to much anywhere else. I live in Colorado so insulation is very important!! -_-

I am wanting to find something that has a lounger or captains chair. I really like the thought and amenities in the Arctic Spa. We wet tested the Kodiac and the Avalanche today. Originaly, the Kodiak was my 1st choice, but I hated it wet, I floated right out of the captains chair, and didn't really enjoy any of the other seats. The Avalange was nice, but it seemed like it was really missing some power in the jets.

I think I am going to try wet testing Jacuzzi this weekend and I might also look at Caldera.

Does anyone else have any suggestions for great quality spas that have along of deep tissue jet power?

Thanks! :P

I have been researching for a few weeks, and we are about to pull the trigger on getting a new spa. I had a Catalina Spa 1100 (?) that died a few years ago after freezing though. It has wonderful massage and powerful jets, but it just wasn't a high quality tub. The insulation was just where you could see it from the front :huh: and not to much anywhere else. I live in Colorado so insulation is very important!! -_-

I am wanting to find something that has a lounger or captains chair. I really like the thought and amenities in the Arctic Spa. We wet tested the Kodiac and the Avalanche today. Originaly, the Kodiak was my 1st choice, but I hated it wet, I floated right out of the captains chair, and didn't really enjoy any of the other seats. The Avalange was nice, but it seemed like it was really missing some power in the jets.

I think I am going to try wet testing Jacuzzi this weekend and I might also look at Caldera.

Does anyone else have any suggestions for great quality spas that have along of deep tissue jet power?

Sundance and Dimension One on top of those your looking at have good solid reliable power.

I think you're on the right track. See how the Jacuzzi and Caldera treat you next. After that I'd consider checking the websites of D1, Hot Spring, Marquis or Sundance to see which are in your area (use their dealer locator) in your area.

I think you're on the right track. See how the Jacuzzi and Caldera treat you next. After that I'd consider checking the websites of D1, Hot Spring, Marquis or Sundance to see which are in your area (use their dealer locator) in your area.

I just poured a concrete pad for my Caldera Niagra scheduled for delivery Sept. 24!

I too have been shopping hot tubs for about 2 months and really pretty tired of it :lol: ). I've been tempted by Gulf Coast and ThremoSpas, as well as Strong.

I've have found this forum valuable and my decision was influenced by the experts here suggesting the top five or so, with Caldera being one of them.

I did wet test a Jacuzzi 3 series and found it to be much less powerful and more noisy; especially with the air-sucking sound that I could hear from behind the pillow. Maybe that was unusual, I dont know. However I did wet test a Hawkeye that didnt compare to the Caldera either, and dry sat many others. Non were as comfortable-period. And the Niagra was quiet and powerful...so we're biting the bullet for the high quality choice.

Beware of low cost - low quality - prorated warranties.

Let us know what you choose.

As far as power goes our Jacuzzi J-470 is hard to beat. If you play with the jet configurations you can bascally blow yourself out of the seat and across the tub. Out of all the spas we wet tested the PowerPro RX jet seat delivered the best massage just don't turn them up all the way or you'll hardly be able to handle it.

Thanks for all the info. I am going to try wet testing a Dimension this weekend. The local Sundance dealer doesn't have any filled to test. My husband found a dealer that has the 2008 D1 Amore on clearance for a great price. I saw the Amore a few days ago, but quickly took it off my list when I saw the price. Its beautiful!!!

Thanks for all the info. I am going to try wet testing a Dimension this weekend. The local Sundance dealer doesn't have any filled to test. My husband found a dealer that has the 2008 D1 Amore on clearance for a great price. I saw the Amore a few days ago, but quickly took it off my list when I saw the price. Its beautiful!!!

Is it just me, or do the Dimension One jets protrude from the shell and dig into one's back?

I found it very uncomfortable....just my opinion.

I prefer spas that have the jets recessed into the shell.

I remember being comfortable in a Marquis, Clearwater, Caldera...but for various reasons had narrowed it down to Hot Spring Vanguard and Caldera Niagara.

My wife didn't like the Clearwater cabinet colors...so that was ruled out quickly...

I went with the Vanguard because when I wet tested the Caldera I was put off by all of the diverting going on...it seemed the spa was struggling to provide enough power to all the jets at once (no matter what I did with the diverters). Even still, the Caldera was a close second, but the Vanguard had numerous positives for us, as well as the quality of the dealership.

Good luck!

Jeff

• 4 weeks later...

I own an amore bay.. I just love it.. everyone thats been in it, including people owning other "high end" tubs were very impressed at its power, construction detail, and the solid feel. A few people even are planning on flipping their older tubs to get a D1.

Lastly, the UltraLife shell (white only) has a LIFETIME, non-prorated warranty.. its not fiberglass, (GE Geloy) and will never delaminate.

Also the white color REALLY makes the lighting effective.

You should be in the $11k-$13k range for this tub in USA.. $18k-$20k in Canada