Deceptive Roadside Signs

ciderjack

I have heard of this happening in other parts of the country, but it has become a front page story here in New Hampshire. If any of you have seen these signs that try and fool consumers into thinking they are being sold a spa at a huge discount, you know what I am talking about. The signs are generally placed illegaly, but removing these illegal signs seems to also be a crime. If you are sick of seeing these signs, and would like to see them removed, I would suggest logging on to this forum to let them know that this type of advertising should not be tolerated.

Thanks

I have heard of this happening in other parts of the country, but it has become a front page story here in New Hampshire. If any of you have seen these signs that try and fool consumers into thinking they are being sold a spa at a huge discount, you know what I am talking about. The signs are generally placed illegaly, but removing these illegal signs seems to also be a crime. If you are sick of seeing these signs, and would like to see them removed, I would suggest logging on to this forum to let them know that this type of advertising should not be tolerated.

Thanks

New Hamshire is one of my favorite places to visit. I built four wooden hot tubs up in Waterville Valley. That was a very hard job for an old guy, but they came out perfect.

Anyway, we used to get these jerks with some sort of trailer rig coming by and they had a sign that was filled with air that blew out into the streets and flopped around saying: "Hot Tub Liquidation Sale, Save $$$$". They were selling bottom end spas for about $1000 over the store equivelent, and people were falling for it. I went over to the RV they were using and was greeted by some sleazy sales guy: "Hi I am "soand so" the Liquidation Manager."

I told them to go to hell and get out of my city. I went over to a freind of mine on the city council and he and the chief of police went over to visit. They packed up and left, never to be seen again.