Cal Spas A857b

IUTennis

We are set on purchasing a Cal Spas A857B hot tub. The Watson's dealer in Indianapolis lowered his price from $7,999 to $7,000. I'd like to know if this is a good deal, as it has been very tough to compare prices with hot tubs.

I don't want your opinion about the tub, all I'd like to know is if this is a good price. We are not getting the stereo or the outside lighting, as we feel it is completely unnecessary to have and the lighting alone he said would raise the price to $7,400. Please just let me know if this is a good deal.

$7k is what they should be selling for so you are getting a proper price for that tub. When the Avalons first came out there was no set MSRP. Prices ranged from $12,000 to $6,995. IMO the tub has great seating and space for 7K my only pet peeve is that only 1 pump is dual speed and the other 2 are single-high speed and its a pain in the a** to keep pressing the jet button over and over. When you get your tub make sure all of the neck jets close completely without water spitting out and no whistling noise. Also make sure that all your bullet jets are covered in writing as they tend to seize up.

Just got an A734L in Utah. We paid $6,500. It has a waterfall, but no lights or any bells & whistles. Either you are getting a good deal, or we didn't! You are getting an 8' spa with nearly double the jets than we did. Did they tell you it was a 2008? Or is it a left over 2007? Doesn't matter, but if it is last years model, you could perhaps negotiate a little lower.

Just got an A734L in Utah. We paid $6,500. It has a waterfall, but no lights or any bells & whistles. Either you are getting a good deal, or we didn't! You are getting an 8' spa with nearly double the jets than we did. Did they tell you it was a 2008? Or is it a left over 2007? Doesn't matter, but if it is last years model, you could perhaps negotiate a little lower.

No it's a new 2008. We got it at a big store called Watson's. The guy offered $7,900 (this was during a labor day sale too) but we were very up front with him in that we were set on $7,000. You're correct, it came without the stereo or outside lighting, but does have a waterfall. I do think the price was great for what we were looking for. We have a tall family of 5 and we've wanted a hot tub for a long time for our aching bones after tennis practice and work.

What year is yours? I'm guessing 2007. I checked out the model and that looks like a decent price for the tub. Of course you always have regrets about buying a tub and seeing it priced lower somewhere else, but to me you're getting a decent price on the tub. Did you guys go through a small town dealer or a big store like Watson's?