Is Plumber's Putty And Pool Putty The Same Thing?

lrodptl

I need some pool putty to seal a small separation in my skimmer collar. The plumber's putty at Lowe's indicates it should not be used on plastic. Is Pool putty the same thing?l

Pool putty is two part clay that is mixed together and when is sets up it will be hard as the PVC plastic

I need some pool putty to seal a small separation in my skimmer collar. The plumber's putty at Lowe's indicates it should not be used on plastic. Is Pool putty the same thing?l

Pool putty is two part clay that is mixed together and when is sets up it will be hard as the PVC plastic

I found it and in between my fingers is irritated as hell from mixing it barehanded.

• 2 weeks later...

You should definitely not used Plumber's Putty. It always stays soft. There is a great product, which comes in two "playdoo" like pieces. You mix them in ratio of 1 to 1 like playdo. It does not stick to your hands. You can make it any shape you want.

It takes only one hour for the initial curing and in 12 hours it is completely hard. I used it to close cracks between the bolders and the top of the pool which was resulting in water leakage and chlorine loss. This product worked for me. I found it here and it is quite reasonable pricewise.

I found it and in between my fingers is irritated as hell from mixing it barehanded.