Lounge Or Not

jacham

Guys

I need some advise . Me and my wife are new to Spas and I do not know weather to buy one with or without a lounge aeat. I am 5ft 10 and 220 and my wife is 5 ft 9 160 if size and weight make a differrence. We do not entertain much but we do have 3 grown children and 6 grandchildren who will want to enjoy the spa. What are your thoiughts is a lounger worth giving up the seating sapce . We are looking at a Master Spa either 84 in by 84 in or 96 in by 96.

Guys

I need some advise . Me and my wife are new to Spas and I do not know weather to buy one with or without a lounge aeat. I am 5ft 10 and 220 and my wife is 5 ft 9 160 if size and weight make a differrence. We do not entertain much but we do have 3 grown children and 6 grandchildren who will want to enjoy the spa. What are your thoiughts is a lounger worth giving up the seating sapce . We are looking at a Master Spa either 84 in by 84 in or 96 in by 96.

Wet testing is important but when its a lounge spa its twice as important. Lounges take up quite a bit of space and don't fit everyone, make sure it works for you by testing it wet (testing dry is nice but unscientific) or skip it altogether IMO. I'm not a fan of Master ( quality, energy efficiancy and corporate leadership less than top notch IMO) so if you're looking at them I can't help but to suggest you also look at a couple other well thought of brands for comparison (Arctic, Caldera, D1, Hot Spring, Jacuzzi, Marquis, Sundance...)

To lounge or not to lounge, that is the question. I would not worry about kids fitting in, they and sit or play wherever. Get what is comfortable for the 2 of you that are using the tub to relax in. I myself like loungers because, if it is designed right, you can relax in it without bracing yourself against the jets of a seat. 2 cents worth.

You have to wet test it. The lounge on my Marquis Epic is "ok". I prefer the deeper seat on the other side that sort of resembles a lounge.

My wife however loves the lounge on the Epic. Her favorite seat, which is good because she feels the deeper seat is too deep for her.

So it works for us! -_-

My wife and I tested several tubs where one of us liked a lounger and the other didn't, and some where neither of us liked it. When we were looking at Hot Spring tubs, we had decided that if we were to buy one, it would not have a lounger. We both ended up liking the lounger on our Marquis Epic. Ditto to the other messages that said wet testing is crucial on this point.

Guys

My wife and I were in that same dilemma recently. I wanted a lounger initially, but we could not find one that really worked for both of us. I'm a foot taller than her so a lounger I was comfortable in, she hated and vice a versa. You are both similar in size, so you may not face this problem, but unless you are getting a really large tub, you have to accept that they take away so much seating space.

Found a happy, very comfortable compromise with a recliner or more laid back seat...Most spa seats are often very vertical, so they take up a lot less space. A recliner has enough angle in the back and lower portion to allow you stretch out your legs, and lower your head against the pillow comfortably, and let the shoulder/neck jets really do a number on the top portion of your shoulders, while the footwell jets to the job on your legs. We both found this as comfortable as most loungers we tested, but still allows a space saving upright position if the tub is crowded and you don't want to play footsies with your friends....A great compromise that works for us. Most companies' mid/large tubs have some type of recliner seat available....the 2 corner moto massage seats in my HS Vanguard allow us to stretch out comfortably like that. But it is a compromise. If another seat is not an issue, and you have your heart set on a lounger, and can find one that fits you, go that route.

Just a suggestion, you MUST wet test to know what works for you. I can't stress this enough.

Thanks, Randy

My wife and I were in that same dilemma recently. I wanted a lounger initially, but we could not find one that really worked for both of us. I'm a foot taller than her so a lounger I was comfortable in, she hated and vice a versa. You are both similar in size, so you may not face this problem, but unless you are getting a really large tub, you have to accept that they take away so much seating space.

Found a happy, very comfortable compromise with a recliner or more laid back seat...Most spa seats are often very vertical, so they take up a lot less space. A recliner has enough angle in the back and lower portion to allow you stretch out your legs, and lower your head against the pillow comfortably, and let the shoulder/neck jets really do a number on the top portion of your shoulders, while the footwell jets to the job on your legs. We both found this as comfortable as most loungers we tested, but still allows a space saving upright position if the tub is crowded and you don't want to play footsies with your friends....A great compromise that works for us. Most companies' mid/large tubs have some type of recliner seat available....the 2 corner moto massage seats in my HS Vanguard allow us to stretch out comfortably like that. But it is a compromise. If another seat is not an issue, and you have your heart set on a lounger, and can find one that fits you, go that route.

Just a suggestion, you MUST wet test to know what works for you. I can't stress this enough.

Thanks, Randy

Let me get this straight so I understand how you compromised.

You wanted a lounger but your wife didn't.

You got a Vanguard which has no lounger.

I get it now, you compromised your wants to make her happy!! Very wise!! :D

Just kidding, congrats. We don't have a lounge either because my wife would drown in it and she has to have a cool down seat!!!

I originally wanted the lounge. We are going to be using the spa with the neighbors, who happen to be in-laws and our best friends. We wanted everyone to have a seat so we bought the tub w/o the lounge.

I can still lounge pretty good without the lounger, though!