Pic's Of New Tub

Hi all, I thought you might like to see some pic's of the new tub. We just got a handle on the Onzen system and the jets are amazing.

This is our old tub (Good Bye!!!!)

Picture037.jpg

Picture040.jpg

This is the awesome new tub.

Picture1351.jpg

Picture1352.jpg

Picture1353.jpg

Picture1354.jpg

Picture1355.jpg

Picture1358-1.jpg

We got the Platinum finish for the smoothness and the shinny look!!!!!

Looks awesome !!!! That is the exact Arctic Summit I have on order. How is the new neck jets that Arctic came out with ?? My dealer did not have water in the Summit with the new neck jets. Any tips on the Onzen setup ? I ordered the Forever Flex cabinet with mine, but seeing yours with the cedar cabinet...it looks great....maybe I should have gotten it.

Noticed that your cover is flat on the side of the spa. I got one of those lifters that when up, it is like a big wall on one side. That is the one thing that I think I will not like. So you just slide it off the side...huh.

Hi all, the Coyote tub was a year old, and when we bought it we were a little price shy, but after the year of using it all the time we decided to upgrade and the dealer took the Coyote as a trade in and gave us a good deal on the new one. The Summit has incredibly seats the neck jets are awesome and have there own control so you can adjust the intensity you like, but they might splash a bit. The wife has claimed the seat on the other side of the water fall because it is very contoured and has 2 arm rest levels. We went with the cover shelf because the weight of the cover the wife only has to flip the cover in half and then slide it over after getting in the tub plus less stress on the stitches down the middle, but you need 4ft of space on that side of the tub. The Onzen is great!!!!!! but when you add the water for the first time you have to wait until it gets to 85 degs then add the salt, the water will get cloudy but after a couple of days it's sparkling clear. Be careful in low level mode because there's about 6 settings and the lettering is a bit weired and I was looking for cdxx to have a value of 1-24 hours a day to be on, but my spa pack uses 1-6 for 4 hour increments. When I started mine I set it to run 24 hours to get a bromine base today I'm going to back it off the 12 hours. Now I do have some questions about the Onzen system, I have noticed that if I run all the pumps it turns off the Onzen and I have to shut the breaker off to start it back up so I might have changed a value in low level to cause this to happen. Plus my Onzen pack has a rubber plug not a dial in the area for +/ - output setting is your system like this cpumodem?

Thanks,

Pete

Hi all, the Coyote tub was a year old, and when we bought it we were a little price shy, but after the year of using it all the time we decided to upgrade and the dealer took the Coyote as a trade in and gave us a good deal on the new one. The Summit has incredibly seats the neck jets are awesome and have there own control so you can adjust the intensity you like, but they might splash a bit. The wife has claimed the seat on the other side of the water fall because it is very contoured and has 2 arm rest levels. We went with the cover shelf because the weight of the cover the wife only has to flip the cover in half and then slide it over after getting in the tub plus less stress on the stitches down the middle, but you need 4ft of space on that side of the tub. The Onzen is great!!!!!! but when you add the water for the first time you have to wait until it gets to 85 degs then add the salt, the water will get cloudy but after a couple of days it's sparkling clear. Be careful in low level mode because there's about 6 settings and the lettering is a bit weired and I was looking for cdxx to have a value of 1-24 hours a day to be on, but my spa pack uses 1-6 for 4 hour increments. When I started mine I set it to run 24 hours to get a bromine base today I'm going to back it off the 12 hours. Now I do have some questions about the Onzen system, I have noticed that if I run all the pumps it turns off the Onzen and I have to shut the breaker off to start it back up so I might have changed a value in low level to cause this to happen. Plus my Onzen pack has a rubber plug not a dial in the area for +/ - output setting is your system like this cpumodem?

Thanks,

SteelerrPete

Pete,

It's normal when you turn any pumps on that the Onzen turns off. If you turn the pump off and then go out in about 50 minutes you will see that the Onzen is running. Look at page 19 in the manual under Filter Cycle Suspension as it fillows the same rules. You can also start it again by going into the low level programming, like you would to set how long the Onzen will run and make no changes. Just go through all the menus and at the end you will see that it does a reboot of the system and the Onzen will start working again.

Took a picture of my Onzen pack and here it is.

DSC_2002.jpg

You can see the dial on the top right of the pack.

Chuck

Looks awesome !!!! That is the exact Arctic Summit I have on order. How is the new neck jets that Arctic came out with ?? My dealer did not have water in the Summit with the new neck jets. Any tips on the Onzen setup ? I ordered the Forever Flex cabinet with mine, but seeing yours with the cedar cabinet...it looks great....maybe I should have gotten it.

Noticed that your cover is flat on the side of the spa. I got one of those lifters that when up, it is like a big wall on one side. That is the one thing that I think I will not like. So you just slide it off the side...huh.

The neck jet is a bit splashy, but still gives you a good therapy. I turn the diverters down a little and it's not too bad. (If you direct them into your ears, will water spew out your mouth like a fountain? :rolleyes: )

I bought the same cover shelf with my Tundra! I have a mountain view on that side and blocking it with a "Wall-of-Cover" was not an option. I still slide the cover onto the deck during the day so I can see Mount Stratford.

Pete, how is the noise from the spa when its on full blast? Are you able to talk and hear each other.

Also, what accessories have you brought?? Other than from Arctic when you ordered your tub.

The only things I have bought so far is two water filters for my hose, for when I fill it up, a rubber duckie and some aromatherapy thing you put in the water to make it smell nice (my wife had to have that one).

Still thinking about getting a cover for my cover, a blanket, a umbrella, the Arctic Chiller. But I thought I would wait until I got the spa before I got these, if I get them at all.

Anything you would recommend that I get now before my spa arrives?

Hi ChiTown, I haven't bought anything for the tub yet because the stairs and robe rack where made by my father in-law and they turned out real nice at a quarter of the cost. The tub is only in the sun half the day so it hasn't over heated as of yet. We don't plan on taking the cover completely off the tub so the cover isn't needed for that. I would wait and see what you need when you have had the tub for a month or two. The only thing we are going to add to the tub is a hang on bar and a couple of stools once the father in-law makes them.

Take care,

Pete :) :)

P.S. The tub is surprisingly quiet for 3 pumps running and you can talk no problem. The air therapy is a bit loud because of the bubbles but not real bad. The only thing about the Arctics is the rushing sounds you get from the diverters when the are fully opened, but not a real big deal.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi SteelerPete

Nice Spa. I am considering the Summit also not sure whether to go with the Legend Extreme, or spend the extra $$$$ on the Legend SE. Noticed that you went with the platinum finish. This is what the wife wants because she feels that it will be easier to keep clean due to no texture. Any advice before I place an order.

Thanks

Hi, the tub is awesome!!!!! We went with the platinum finish because of the smooth feel in the water, plus your right it looks cleaner and if there is any dirt in the tub you can clean it right away. We didn't get the SE because the price difference was to steep but if you need the extra peace of mind then it's probably money well spent. The old tub was good, but the Summit is a dream and you will love it. If you have any other questions let me know.

Pete

• 3 weeks later...