Help With Possible Leak

ncaaref

OK Hot Tub Tech's, I have a 1999 Sundance Optima that was given to me, structurally the hot tub was not sound meaning rotten wood frame and skirting. I transported to my home and begun rebuilding the frame. I put 2 layers of 4 mil plastic covering the entire bottom, and then attached pressure treaded 2 X 2's I got all the pumps reinstalled and filled the tub with water 3 days ago. keep in mind when i got the tub it had water in it but had not been used for several years. Late this afternoon I started seeing water dripping from underneath one side. I removed that Side Skirt and and the Plastic had a significant amount of water in it. All of the plumbing is enclosed in the insulating foam, except where the pumps and components are. I inspected all pump connections and light niche and no water. I cut the plastic to drain the water from the plastic My water level doesn't seem to have dropped at all. I made a pencil mark on the tub this evening on the shell to mark the water level. I have been in the pool business before but not much experience with spas. Any suggestions would be great.

OK Hot Tub Tech's, I have a 1999 Sundance Optima that was given to me, structurally the hot tub was not sound meaning rotten wood frame and skirting. I transported to my home and begun rebuilding the frame. I put 2 layers of 4 mil plastic covering the entire bottom, and then attached pressure treaded 2 X 2's I got all the pumps reinstalled and filled the tub with water 3 days ago. keep in mind when i got the tub it had water in it but had not been used for several years. Late this afternoon I started seeing water dripping from underneath one side. I removed that Side Skirt and and the Plastic had a significant amount of water in it. All of the plumbing is enclosed in the insulating foam, except where the pumps and components are. I inspected all pump connections and light niche and no water. I cut the plastic to drain the water from the plastic My water level doesn't seem to have dropped at all. I made a pencil mark on the tub this evening on the shell to mark the water level. I have been in the pool business before but not much experience with spas. Any suggestions would be great.

Was it pumping when it leaked that water or just sitting there? There could be a leak in a jet housing or connection, look for wet foam and follow the water up to the problem. Or did water spill over into the cabinet from the topside control or filter housing?

Was it pumping when it leaked that water or just sitting there? There could be a leak in a jet housing or connection, look for wet foam and follow the water up to the problem. Or did water spill over into the cabinet from the topside control or filter housing?

Not running yet I have had to get a new control panel that is why it was so weird. This morning Concrete is dry as a bone though. I think what may have happened is when I got it the previous ownerdrained it and didn't get the drain valve closed all the way and then I was gone for a week and I rained Like two or 3 Inches but there wasn't much water in the spa. I think that it could be from that. but I will Keep my eyes on it and keep you posted. My control panel sould be here next week.