Best Reccomendation On Cleaning Tub

My 2003 used thrmospa manhattan deluxe is being delivered to me on May 23. It was a little neglected so it is prett filthy inside. Can anyone tell me the best way to clean the tub so it is like new.

Someone told me to wax it? What wax do I use.

IMG_9613.jpg

IMG_9599-1.jpg

Oh and yes that is a dead thing floating. YUCK

Bail it out. shop vac the remains, get a non scratch cleaner from a local spa retailer or online, then final clean with rubbing alcohol. Checking with the manufacturer always is a good idea. Some interior shells require special care.

My 2003 used thrmospa manhattan deluxe is being delivered to me on May 23. It was a little neglected so it is prett filthy inside. Can anyone tell me the best way to clean the tub so it is like new.

IMG_9613.jpg

IMG_9599-1.jpg

Shop vac as much as you can including putting the vac on the jets and sucking them out. Purchase a cleaner from a spa place for the acrylic. Wash the tub down with it including the backside of the cover and all the pillows. You may need to use some of the cleaner straight on a sponge to clean up where it is really stuck on the shell. Rinse and dump the water out. Suck up as much as you can with the shop vac again.

You must use a "wax" made for spas. Spa gloss is the other name for it. The best/easiest one I have found is called Gel Gloss. It is a spray on, wipe in, let dry and buff off. It is great (I use it on my car too because it works so well!)

New filters are a must and when you start it up, Give it a super shock. Rinse out and clean up the filters after 24 hours to get the remaining 'gunk" out.

• 1 month later...

After doing the above mentioned things, I would fill it up about 1/3 of the way (just enough to get the jets running) and then shock and sanitize the water like crazy. Do this for at least a few days, then empty that water out and then start over again (and be sure to give the filter a good cleaning after that little treatment).

After doing the above mentioned things, I would fill it up about 1/3 of the way (just enough to get the jets running) and then shock and sanitize the water like crazy. Do this for at least a few days, then empty that water out and then start over again (and be sure to give the filter a good cleaning after that little treatment).

Filling 1/3 of the way is not good for the tub components. The water must be up over the filter suction so you are not sucking air or you will take the chance of blowing pump seals, low flo to the heater ect.

IMG_9613.jpg

IMG_9599-1.jpg

Bail out as much of the water as you can, but don't tweak out trying to get every last puddle. Then go to a wet/dry vac and suck out the rest of the water and leaves and crap as you continue to rinse down the sides to make sure you get all the large heavy solids like dirt and sand. Fill it up all the way and run it for a couple days while you sanitize it to death. Maintain a high bromine level and shock the **** out of it. Clean the filter AT LEAST once, maybe more if you need to. Then drain it and get some GOOD spa cleaner from the pool store. When you drain it don't bother cleaning the filter a final time. Throw it out and buy a fresh one. Now it's time to start scrubbing your brains out. Scrub every inch of the shell with the cleaner while rinsing it. If you're having trouble getting motivated, just imagine what might have been done in the spa in the past!